Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Anti ice and TRIM air switch query

Vernon, I enjoy some of the questions you pose to this forum; I've previously stated this a number times in the past.

But I think, at times, you fail to properly consider whether such questions are best placed here in a sim enthusiast forum. Much of what needs to be said to fully answer some of your questions might contain what some may argue to be, intellectual property or otherwise.

Please, keep asking your questions; I strongly encourage you to. But also remember to stop, and ask yourself whether a question is best posed here, or elsewhere.

With respect,

Brian.

PS. A quick google search is suggested as the 737 has been in service for many years, and such questions or problems have usually already been posed by pilots or touched on in educational material.

Brian Nellis

Yeh, you always do ;) you are correct but i couldn't find the answer else where. But what i can do is ask the source i got it from! I will let you know

Vernon Howells

I'd caution against trying to steer the topics here. Unless there's some absolute reason (violates a specific rule), then it's best to leave it up to the individual member's best judgment.

As for as IP goes, I'm not sure I agree. If you're posting IP here, or linking to it, then yes, it's going to get removed. If you're only referring to it, as if you were referring to the FCOM that comes with the NGX, then there's no issue. If in doubt - ask.

Kyle Rodgers

I think in truth, the answer to the question about the Trim Air switch is:

"There is no reason, unless the aircraft is affected by a specific bulletin, which should have been resolved by now."

If FR are still doing it, it's either to maintain commonality because there are still some aircraft in the fleet which are affected and it doesn't hurt to turn it off, or simply because the Chief Pilot thinks it's a good idea -- and you'd have to ask him why.

I've asked the pilot why his SOPs follow this, he said - i'll get back to you

Vernon Howells

I've asked the pilot why his SOPs follow this, he said - i'll get back to you

haha - that kinda answers the question, itself.

Kyle Rodgers