Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Duplicate scenery

How do I remove or disable duplicate scenery files? I have reinstalled v2.5 with the Aerosoft Heathrow extended scenery. When I load the scenery up I am clearly also seeing redundant default or FTX England EGLL scenery files, which is seeMs to be the reason my p3d is crashing within a few seconds due to an OOM error. I can't remember ever having this issue with FSX. I can't seem to find any EGLL files in my FTX folder. Highly frustrating. Anyone else having this issue?

I had this with Uk2000's EGCC and FTX EU:England. OOM error within minutes.

Had to disable EU:England when using any other add-on, so I suggest you disable the FTX if running Aerosoft's EGLL.

Hi there

Yes I did that and activated FTXGlobal instead. Same issue though. I cant remember this issue my last installation using FTX global and Aerosoft EGLL though.....and I'm still seeing duplicate airport scenery - which is my real bug bear

Do you have the latest my traffic? It was duplicating mine with some addon sceneries, I had to move the files out of the my traffic folder that gets added into the scenery folder.

Alex Green

Do you have the latest my traffic? It was duplicating mine with some addon sceneries, I had to move the files out of the my traffic folder that gets added into the scenery folder.

Alex Green

Yes I do have MY Traffic 6.  Are you able to explain exactly what you did as I don't seem to see anything related to my traffic in my scenery folder?

If you are running P3D/FSX look in in the Scenery Library from the drop-down menu when you first get into your default aircraft flight, and make sure MyTraffic 6 is at the bottom just above the default scenery that loads when you first fire up whichever sim, be it P3D/FSX

I search for all files containing "egll" in my P3D folder and subfolders.  Then I filter by the ".bgl" file extension. From there, you can tell pretty easily by the files' folder extension which ones you want active and which you want to disable.  Per a long-ago suggestion on the MyTraffic forum, I add the filename extension ".passive" to all the unwanted files.  This has the advantages of (a) leaving the files in their proper folders in case you want to revert and (b) employs a common file naming mechanism for all BGL files you've chosen to disable over the years.

Hans Soule