Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

Has anyone got the phone number for the Samaritans....

... because I am losing the Will to Live here!!!  Getting the early version(s) of EZDOK to work properly in FSX was an absolute Dog - but, I swear that, trying to get the very latest P3D-compatible incarnation to work in 2.5 is driving me over the edge!!!  If I see another Skeletal Spot View OR one more Top-Down Map View then I shall retire to a Bottle of something chilled and sensible and consider my options!  :(   I started this simple task at 14:00z - and have just given up at 21:18z.

I use ASN so I really don't want to purchase Opus simply for the Camera Views! Why can't some Developer realise (and Capitalise) on the fact that a properly-coded, commercial version of 'said' Program would be a very lucrative best-seller? .... Or Is it just Me?

Whatever, Gentlemen .... I am off to a far more pleasant scenario.

Your Good Health .... 

Haha I feel you pain.... P3D driving me nuts today too

That is strange, never had an issue with it. I installed base version 1.15 and 1.17 using the Migrator, then simply copy and paste the 1.86 version over the installed folders and overwrite, and bingo, works fully in P3D, just run the EZCA configurator and select P3D2 from its menu.

"I use AS so I really don't want to purchase Opus just for the camera views!"

I purchased Opus 2 weeks back and I am finding it to be my favourite weather program over ASN. That is not even considering the camera tweaks that are so, so, so very much easier than EZDOK, and of course the head shaker system.

I personally find Opus to be one of my best add ons if not, the best!

Cheers

Phil

... because I am losing the Will to Live here!!!

I use ASN so I really don't want to purchase Opus simply for the Camera Views!

I bet you find that the performance hit on your rig with Opusfsi Cameras & weather running together is less than that of ASN & EZDOK...just sayin'

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

... I use ASN so I really don't want to purchase Opus simply for the Camera Views!

I use ASN too but it hits performance too much in bad weather.

Opus is much easier on performance and looks very realistic too.

The camera editor is 100 times easier to use and better than Ezdok.

Opus does a lot more than just cameras..

Plus you get excellent support from the Opus team.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

trying to get the very latest P3D-compatible incarnation to work in 2.5 is driving me over the edge!!! 

I feel your pain,  read through this full thread.   I too wanted to insert a power tool into my ear,  but this helped me loads 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462340-ezdok-on-v-25/

I think opus has a trial version as well. Cameras take not time at all to set up

ZORAN

I feel your pain,  read through this full thread.   I too wanted to insert a power tool into my ear,  but this helped me loads 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462340-ezdok-on-v-25/

Thanks for that Elaine - I'll give it another go as suggested.  Btw - You tell terrible jokes!!  hehehe  :D