Sign in to follow this  
FSXCYYZEGLL

PDMG Is somewhat Buggy

Hello I was flying the PDMG 747-400X queen of the skies and was looking at everything. Overall I think it is a great aircraft but there are several bugs that really annoy me and I can't be near the simulator when they are occuring. One bug (although i don't know if this is a bug) is where fuel flow is different for every engine as well as different then what PDMGs documentation states it should be (GE air canada for those who are wondering). Now this isn't as such as a problem since i just correct fuel so that it states there is enough in the fmc progress page. Another bug and this is the major one is what I call the rolling bug. During times in the flight the aircraft will start rolling left and then right violently and at angles up to 30 degrees of bank. This is really annoying because most of the time the aircraft has to make an alteration of 1 or 2 degrees to correct for the change not 30 degrees. This is extremly annoying and I cannot stay near the aircraft when it is occuring. one last bug is the auto brake. People state that it needs to be turned on during final approach for it to work. I try this and it still doesn't work despite spoilers and eng at reverse. The only thing I think it could be is that I don't have auto throttle on below 500 AGL( I like flying manual under 10,000 ft). If anyone can get back to me on this that would be well appreciated. Thanks

The fuel in the progress page is wrong because the numbers in the FMC are not adjusted for weather. The PMDG 747v2 will have this.

The rolling is an issue with weather programs not interacting correctly, you can turn turbulence down in the weather program to help fix this. It is in the pmdg documentation

The spoilers not activating is a bug that PMDG have not fixed, there is an addon dll file that fixes this if you search the pmdg forums there is a link somewhere I do not have it with me

Hello I was flying the PDMG 747-400X queen of the skies and was looking at everything.

You'll get more help in the PMDG Forum Specific for the Queen here on AVSIM. Also you will need to sign your name on your post for PMDG.

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote. Again.

The Queen is an older addon. If the 737 and 777 are any indication, the 747V2 should be very very good and not suffer from little things like this.

Jim Atkins