Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Dash-8

In a preview video for the 747-8i on the PMDG site, there was a rendering of a PMDG Dash-8. Is this still being worked on, or was it a joke or was it trashed?

In a preview video for the 747-8i on the PMDG site, there was a rendering of a PMDG Dash-8. Is this still being worked on, or was it a joke or was it trashed?

I don't think so and besides, Majestic Software already has a beautiful Q400. 

I think it was meant to be an earlier model, not the Q400.

Well MJS is doing a 300 next so unless PMDG is almost finished the project it's probably not worth it at this point. 

I don't know if this page is still correct considering what it says, but it's still public: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a54/pmdg-development-schedule.aspx

I doubt, that, that list is still valid... the 777 is in "low development", and there's no mentioning of the 747-400v2...

Besides - as amazing as PMDG is, I really doubt, that they can top the Majestic Dash-8 :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

A good old Boeing 727 with PMDG quality would be better in my opinion...

Well thats right, but an 757 or 767 would be even better!

I doubt, that, that list is still valid... the 777 is in "low development", and there's no mentioning of the 747-400v2...

Besides - as amazing as PMDG is, I really doubt, that they can top the Majestic Dash-8 :)

Yup, don't really think it's still valid. Hopefully it'll be changed/removed and PMDG will come with some proper info on their own :)

Regards,

Anders Moen

http://www.virtualnorwegian.net

I'd love a PMDG Boeing 767-300. The one from Level-D Simulations was great when released but is way past its use-by date now. Time for a new, updated version of it but from PMDG.

I don't know if this page is still correct considering what it says, but it's still public: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a54/pmdg-development-schedule.aspx

At the bottom:

"Article ID: 54, Created: February 20, 2010 at 3:32 AM"

Looks like I should go in there and update some of that stuff, eh?

Kyle Rodgers

I'd love a PMDG Boeing 767-300. The one from Level-D Simulations was great when released but is way past its use-by date now. Time for a new, updated version of it but from PMDG.

I second that request!

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Yeah definitely! I still have some hopes either LDS will suddenly announce a release or maybe that they transferred their 757 files to PMDG. A bit like what happened with the PMDG MD-11 (which was initially developed outside PMDG).

PMDG (think it was Ryan) once stated they decided not to develop a 757 since LDS was working on that one and PMDG did not want to interfere with that (out of respect to LDS, given their high-end (at that time) 767-300ER). 

Now I haven't seen a single sign of life of LDS for the past 3 years, so it seems to be safe to assume they no longer actively develop the 757. Good time for PMDG to step in!

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Frank, the people at Level-D have supposedly been working on the 757 literally for YEARS. Their 767 came out in about 2007 if my memory serves me correctly. So it's been around 8 years since they released anything. I gave up a LONG time ago waiting for their 757. With all due respect to the people at Level-D (I know nothing about difficulties relating to developing flight sim products), I honestly believe if they were going to finish and release their 757, it would've been done by now. Eight years in development tells me it'll almost certainly never be released. If I'm wrong, however, then so much the better as their 767 was fantastic when it was released.

Please avoid discussion of other devs here. Beat up on us all you want (as long as it's respectful/factual), but avoid using this forum to discuss other devs in ways that might be construed as negative.

Kyle Rodgers