Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

All AI aircraft cruise at odd-numbered altitudes

I've been using UT2 with FSX for years and it's a terrific program.   The only issue I've had with it is that all UT2 AI traffic (as far as I've observed) cruise at odd-numbered altitudes, i.e. FL330, FL350, FL370 etc.no matter what magnetic heading it's flying.

IOW, the UT2 AI planes don't observe the "east-west" rule (as it is in N. America, may be different elsewhere) where IFR traffic generally cruise at odd-numbered altitudes from mag 000-179degs,  and even numbered altitudes when flying mag heading 180-359deg.  They ALL cruise at odd-numbered altitudes.

This has caused, in my case,  a number of near misses and even a rare collision between my aircraft and an AI aircraft.

I think that UT2 does allow you to modify an AI aircraft's cruise altitude individually but it is not possible to (easily) do this for the entire fleet of AI.

I think other AI add-ons are similar but am wondering if there are any out there that don't have this same problem.

Thanks for info.

I've been using UT2 with FSX for years and it's a terrific program.   The only issue I've had with it is that all UT2 AI traffic (as far as I've observed) cruise at odd-numbered altitudes, i.e. FL330, FL350, FL370 etc.no matter what magnetic heading it's flying.

IOW, the UT2 AI planes don't observe the "east-west" rule (as it is in N. America, may be different elsewhere) where IFR traffic generally cruise at odd-numbered altitudes from mag 000-179degs,  and even numbered altitudes when flying mag heading 180-359deg.  They ALL cruise at odd-numbered altitudes.

Unless the ATC allow, and the aircraft is properly certified for, RVSM (Reduced Vertical Separation Mode), above FS290 the separation enforced is 2000 feet, using only the odd 1000's.

The East-West rule for 1000 foot separation applies in controlled airspace up to FL290.

As far as I am aware this is a world-wide rule.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen