Sign in to follow this  
toby23

Looking for VFR Photographic Scenery - Generation X - Vol. 7 Scotland Central

I'm looking to complete a puzzle.

The missing pieces are VFR Photographic Scenery - Generation X - Vol. 7 Scotland Central and Treescapes Vol. 7.

If anyone has these or knows where I can get them from, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

I was in exactly the same situation a few months ago.

As you've discovered, all the normal stockists have run out and it would appear that no more are being commercially produced.

Fortunately a kind forum member sent me a copy of his Vol7's and I made a donation to charity for the retail price to clear my conscience!

I don't think it would be fair to name the forum member, but suggest you mention your problem in the photo-scenery section where it might attract his attention.

Good luck.

Try Flightstore, they had copies only a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers, cannylad

Thanks but Flightstore told me on the phone they don't have any and haven't had any, you must be mistaken.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

Hi

Just bought the vfr photographic scenery from parts 1 to 9 for FS2004 from http://www.flightstore.co.uk. But i can't find part 7. They say it was never released on Disc, Does anyone know were i can download or where to get a copy ?

Kind Regards

Vol 7 for FS9  was never produced, nor will it be as the company has gone out of business.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Vol 7 for FS9 was never produced, nor will it be as the company has gone out of business.

Thanks for the reply. Does any forum member have a copy I could have ?

A version for FS9 was never made. Even the FSX version has vanished from stores.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi,

I too am looking to complete a puzzle!!

Hopefully mine is a little simpler.... As a supporter of Darren & Vikki's Earth Simulations I purchased over time their entire catalogue with the exception of the 500 Gb HDD based 30cm PhotoGenesis which I would probably have added had their business continued.

On reviewing my preserved collection (all backed up from their servers before their demise) ahead of a clean reinstall to P3D following a recent Win 10 upgrade I was dismayed to find that I have somehow lost "Treescapes Vol 7" which I had downloaded from ES on release. (I believe it was only ever released as a download).

I am hoping that someone on the forum has a copy of Treescapes Vol 7 and that like 'Tight Git' above may be kind enough to let me have a copy to complete my collection. Like 'Tight Git' I would happily donate the retail price I paid back in 2014/5.....

If anyone has the Earth Simulations download of "Treescapes Vol 7" or knows where I might obtain it I would be most grateful if they could contact me.

Many thanks,

Bladeslap

That is excellent news, although it still leaves the problem of no ES Treescapes for Volume 7 (since it was only released as a download product).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guys,

I am happy to report that all 10 Volumes of VFR Photo Scenery are now available by special order if you can't buy them anywhere else.

Contrary to comments above, Horizon Simulations hasn't gone out of business because they are the people I am paying for allowing me to supply the volumes. I spoke with the MD only yesterday 25Feb16 as Scotflight Scenery have been commissioned to look at producing a new installer to allow the scenery to load directly to P3D and other simulators. Scotflight already have an installer that handles their products into multiple formats.

The Volumes will not be supplied via DVD as I have spent many hours helping fellow simmers get the data off that media and onto the hard drive. It will be supplied via 64GB USB or 64GB SD card. Multiple Volumes can be supplied via larger capacity media and if you are UK based you can supply your own media. Details available via my own site www.arm-computers.co.uk or shortly from http://www.scotflightscenery.com

In respect of Volume 7 for FS9, again the information above is wrong. It was produced and I have a master copy. If you need a copy I am happy to contact Horizon for pricing. Please PM me with your requirements.

Volume 7 Treescapes was only ever released as a download. Unfortunately having been a contributor to ES when they closed down my requests to sell that product fell on deaf ears. Having produced many areas of trees some of which were incorporated into ES products I am happy to include Trees for Volume 7 but not Treescapes.

I hope this helps clear up fact from fiction. 

Guys,

Further to my last post regarding availability of the Horizon Volumes via myself and Scotflight, I have to report that our contract expired at the end of April 2016.

We are no longer able to supply the Volumes, however, I can report that Horizon are looking at other avenues to bring the product back to life in the longer term.

If you require more information you can contact Horizon via the following page: http://www.horizonsimulation.com

I'm looking to complete a puzzle.

The missing pieces are VFR Photographic Scenery - Generation X - Vol. 7 Scotland Central and Treescapes Vol. 7.

If anyone has these or knows where I can get them from, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Vol 7 has just appeared on eBay

Good Luck!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VFR-Photographic-Scenery-Generation-X-Vol-7-Scotland-Central-/331878946330?hash=item4d4586d61a:g:blgAAOSwepJXXBbb

This sale seems to have ended early  - along with all the other FSX items that the seller had listed. Perhaps somebody got in quick with an irresistable  'Buy Now' offer.