Sign in to follow this  
torfih

SoundMaxx is out at X-Aviation

Yes scotchegg, the extra ambient sounds like rattling are completely independent of the other aircraft sounds. They won't interfere with them. Third party planes that include their own sound effects will continue to use their own sound effects, as well.

Cheers Frank, will grab it later.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

It's great, I've just given it a try at a few GA airfields, and the background ambience really gives some life to the simulator. The default C172 has had a complete sound overhaul, but also the added effects for other aircraft are a nice touch. Looking forward to properly trying this out later along with the Saab 1.2 update

Rattles squeaks and other ambient sounds will be intact ;)

You have two parts to soundmaxx one is a complete overhaul of the default, which was modified to add more depth....

Part two is the addition of more sound, the ambient layer which works in conjunction with defaults and 3rd party sound engines.....

Additionally some third party developers still use some default sounds, if they do part one applies where defaults are implemented.....

We love what third parties have done with aircraft sounds and developed SM to work seamlessly....

To be clear it's MAC and Windows no Linux support.....

Not going to post a link out of respect for AVSIM....

That link you provided is a development environment for aircraft sounds only, SM provides much more.....

Seems similar to this?

Not even close. :)

Founder of X-Aviation

Not even close. :)

Cameron or John, in the marine environment, are seagull calls sampled? I thought I heard them, as I went down the loading ramp from a seaplane base, and settling in the water, pulled up my gear, and then moved out into the lake... There were bird calls, but it would be great to know that marine birds were in mind.  What water sound effects (waves, ripples against a pontoon, hull, etc) are modeled, so I can keep an alert for them?

Thanks!  This really adds to XP!

Mitch

Yes you heard a gull....lol :)

Let me play tonight so I can give an accurate description of the sounds you will hear under different conditions....

Yes you heard a gull....lol :)

Let me play tonight so I can give an accurate description of the sounds you will hear under different conditions....

John, I thought as much :BigGrin: ...let me tell you HOW MUCH this has up'ed the ante...

Here I am, at a water taxi...and OMG...I SWEAR that I just left a real marina, people by the lake..and the water slaps against my pontoons at taxi.... and living water sounds in general...along with those birds...has brought my marine environment, home!

Airport environs, marine environs....wow John....what a great addition. This purchase is obviously highly recommended by me, for my fellow XP'ers...and ESPECIALLY if you are like myself...and thoroughly enjoy water craft...oh yeah...oh yeah....

Carenado_C185F_Float_v10_7.png

So happy to hear your satisfaction, Mitch! Wonderful screenshot there, too!

Founder of X-Aviation

Well...you guys have me for the first time ever...flying the Cessna 172 default plane.  That raspy, thumpy bite of the prop even at idle RPM, is a first...very nice. I also very much like that 3D 'enveloped' sound of any airport around you...you actually want to turn your head to see what is at taxi beside you...around you...flying over head...flying overhead, as it overtakes your ground position....

Guys...this is very well done!

Post Edit: I'm at taxi... with the XP C172, to the active...just past this shot...and man, I'd buy this software JUST for the sound package and deliver of the prop's bite into the air.  Da*n, this is good!

Cessna_172SP_1.png

Cessna_172SP_2.png

Thanks Mitch I'm really happy to see you are fully enjoying it.....

Yes the 172 upgrade is one of my favorites ;)

Thanks Mitch I'm really happy to see you are fully enjoying it.....

Yes the 172 upgrade is one of my favorites ;)

....and, adding to that...this is the very first time EVER...that I have seen with my own eyes, the amount of FPS overhead taken for any non-default aircraft. 

I have never flown this bird...and now...with all my other in-sim settings in play...I am NOT going below 29-30 (locked) FPS no matter WHAT view I am presently in....simply STELLAR!  Great sounds, great immersion...and what a back-room bonus...that you can now enjoy the stock C172...AND...have steroid-pumping FPS performance, sim -wide....dang......  

BTW...how in the world do you set either a heading that the C172 will follow (I have the HEADING enabled..but am only turning circles...and the other question...on the Garmin...with it in CDI mode...how do you get this sled to follow the GPS?  I am not having luck on both accounts at present, John...thanks for any help....I like the sounds...this isn't a 'dog' of a plane for default...and with the discovery of FPS dynamite...I wanna use it! :)  So...HELP!......please....  I can't seem to get the plane to follow the heading bug... (and sorry for going off-topic...) but anybody else that will buy this package...will try this C172 out...so it might be pertinent.

Cessna_172SP_6.png

Killing me Mitch!!! Man I haven't touched a GPS in years...lol

To busy "painting" nowadays ;)