Sign in to follow this  
torfih

SoundMaxx is out at X-Aviation

Killing me Mitch!!! Man I haven't touched a GPS in years...lol

To busy "painting" nowadays ;)

I got it...set the Garmin...enable CDI mode...go to the knob and set AUTO on the Flight Director, and then set LOCAL alight....weird...that it has no NAV button..but...it worked...I'm on my way...and HAVING A BLAST, doing it. XP....ROCKS!

On course...Garmin in control...sipping my coffee...and IMMERSED!

Life...is good....

Cessna_172SP_7.png

Now back strictly to topic...

John or Cameron...do the sliders in the set-up control sections, control the volume of the effect, or the injection level (min to max available, more or less being heard and played)?  Why would one not just have all sliders at full max...?

I have all sliders at max...am at an airport, regional...but hear no persons, only aircraft around me...and overhead. What areas, or scenery would you hear the sound(s) of people near, or at the airport?  BTW...the chopper rotor sound biting the air...and then its movement around me...as it takes off...is a first!

Just volume Mitch, we did EQ sounds for as much realism within the realm of X-plane.  While engines are running only some sounds will be heard ;).......

We could of added gain so the ambient sounds penetrated more into the cabin but this sounded a bit unrealistic when we gave it a go......

any baby crying sounds for Airliners?  :lol:   will buy only if it has annoying babies crying  :P

any baby crying sounds for Airliners?  :lol:   will buy only if it has annoying babies crying  :P

Kept out on purpose! 

So a few questions.

I bought Soundmaxx yesterday. I hear the birds chirping outside of the plane at an international airport. But I never hear anything inside of my 777 or 738. Nor any other new sounds at anypoint of a flight.

Its installed in my plugins folder, shows up in my plugins in Xplane. Volumes are all up. Whats wrong?

Also what are the sounds in the upgraded folder for?

Dave

But I never hear anything inside of my 777 or 738. Nor any other new sounds at anypoint of a flight.

To get clarity, what sounds are you looking for when on the interior? I want to make sure I understand your issue before I reply. And, further, which 777 and 738 are we talking about?

Also what are the sounds in the upgraded folder for?

New 44Khz sounds. Primarily related to default stuff.

Founder of X-Aviation

To get clarity, what sounds are you looking for when on the interior? I want to make sure I understand your issue before I reply. And, further, which 777 and 738 are we talking about?

I read I should hear Jetliner sounds and cabin noise. Also Airport noise. I have not heard anything  of that sort. I understand it will not change what  777 sounds are already with the plane.

Dave

read I should hear Jetliner sounds and cabin noise. Also Airport noise. I have not heard anything  of that sort. I understand it will not change what  777 sounds are already with the plane.

Dave

Dave,

Airport noise will NOT be heard from within the cockpit. This is by design for max realism, and I'd say that's accurate. Can't think of a single time I've sat in a jetliner waiting for the door to close and heard birds chirping. Youtube videos will probably confirm this!  :smile:

I read I should hear Jetliner sounds and cabin noise. Also Airport noise. I have not heard anything  of that sort. I understand it will not change what  777 sounds are already with the plane.

True, however, if the aircraft (and the products you are speaking of) do have sounds, then SoundMaxx will NOT interfere with them. Sounds to me like things are working as they should for the products you are using.

Founder of X-Aviation

Dave,

Airport noise will NOT be heard from within the cockpit. This is by design for max realism, and I'd say that's accurate. Can't think of a single time I've sat in a jetliner waiting for the door to close and heard birds chirping. Youtube videos will probably confirm this!  :smile:

True, however, if the aircraft (and the products you are speaking of) do have sounds, then SoundMaxx will NOT interfere with them. Sounds to me like things are working as they should for the products you are using.

Ok so with most payware that come with sounds Soundmaxx will not really do anything for me? I usually just fly the Flight Factor 757 and 777 along with X737 and JAR A320.

I thought when I was outside the plane I should hear noises from the airport? I just hear birds.

And do I need to do anything to use the upgraded sounds?

Kind of a bummer. I don't mind supporting your products, but I thought I would get more use of it. I will wit to hear some thunder I guess.

Dave

Ok so with most payware that come with sounds Soundmaxx will not really do anything for me?

No, not what I'm trying to say...to an extent. With payware products, the logic is that the payware product sounds should override SoundMaxx. They are tailored to THAT product. Let me give an example:

If a plane has custom engine sounds, but not custom APU sounds, then you will hear the payware engine sounds and the SoundMaxx APU sounds. This logic applies to all products.

I thought when I was outside the plane I should hear noises from the airport? I just hear birds.

You should hear noises from the airport. The type of airport will play a big role in this! Please move to a few airports and see what happens. If you continue to only hear birds, there's definitely a problem.

And do I need to do anything to use the upgraded sounds?

No. The plugin does all of this. Stay away and out of the folders. You don't need to be there. :smile:

Kind of a bummer. I don't mind supporting your products, but I thought I would get more use of it. I will wit to hear some thunder I guess.

Based on the above I think you were expecting to hear what you should definitely hear, so let's work through this! 

Founder of X-Aviation

No, not what I'm trying to say...to an extent. With payware products, the logic is that the payware product sounds should override SoundMaxx. They are tailored to THAT product. Let me give an example:

If a plane has custom engine sounds, but not custom APU sounds, then you will hear the payware engine sounds and the SoundMaxx APU sounds. This logic applies to all products.

I totally get that and now understand it. I will try some older planes to experience SoundMaxx. I thought using the X737 I would hear more. But so far I havn't.

You should hear noises from the airport. The type of airport will play a big role in this! Please move to a few airports and see what happens. If you continue to only hear birds, there's definitely a problem.

Yea I was at KSAN, KBOS, KABQ and only hear birds. I will keep checking.

No. The plugin does all of this. Stay away and out of the folders. You don't need to be there. :smile:

I have not and will not touch any of them :)

Based on the above I think you were expecting to hear what you should definitely hear, so let's work through this! 

bruced39 Im wondering if you have the Airport SFX clicked off by some chance? If it is off, the sound engine will default to the ambient countryside sounds......

I have also some kind of problem with Soundmaxx. I don't hear any tubulence rattle. Even with turbulence slider at 5 (what makes a Cessna 172 unflyable).

Soundmaxx is on. 

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

I have also some kind of problem with Soundmaxx. I don't hear any tubulence rattle. Even with turbulence slider at 5 (what makes a Cessna 172 unflyable).
Soundmaxx is on. 

Please don't start posting on as many forums as you possibly can. It's really not beneficial.

Ideally all support issues should be kept on the official support forum anyhow. Out of respect for Avsim I will not link there, but please check the manual for that location (you already have a post about this there, cptCaptain).

Founder of X-Aviation