Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

A2A C182 Skylane or Flight1 T182T?

Hi guys, I'm a bit confused about which C182 to buy :-)

I'm considering A2A C182 Skylane (analog) and Flight1 T182T (glass cockpit G1000, upgradable via Navigraph). I now these aircrafts have many differences but in your opinion which one you would buy? Consider then I only use Steam Edition, so T182T it's not compatible, for now.

Thanks for your opinions

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

A2A.  No doubt.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

If you want to learn the G1000 Flight1 makes one of the better ones, but as you mentioned not sure if and when it will be available for Steam. If you don't care if it's the G1000 or steam gauges then the A2A would probably be the safer bet....The performance obviously is a litter better in the F1 T182T.

A2A for sure.  The F1 T182T was fine while it was out, its quite a bit older addon than the A2A.  The A2A 182 with a 95% simulated GTN is as capable, if not more so than the F1 T182 with a 75% simulated G1000. (Still the F1 T182T is about the best GA single G1000 simulation out there).  The T182T cruises about 20kts faster since it can fly much higher.  This is really only an advantage with a tailwind tho.  If you still want to go as fast or faster than the F1 T182T, consider the A2A Comanche then.  

Cheers

TJ

A2a all day long. Add the F1 gtn and you have a study plane and study avionics. If you don't have any a2a planes, you will be blown away by the skylane.

A2A, I have the F1 182 it was "ok" but A2A no doubt is the better one...and get the GTN too its amazing!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

One more vote for the a2a 182 + GTN 750 combination

B)

Bert

I have both and love both for different reasons.

The A2a 182 is easier on the frame rate though if that's important to you.

The G1000 is very well done in the f1

The Gtn combo in the a2a is also excellent

Different strokes for different folks.

Get both if you can, lol

I own both and prefer the A2A C182, especially when paired with Flight1's GTN, as others here have recommended. Accusim brings the A2A aircraft alive, and it's easier on framerate.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Thanks to all you guys, very appreciated. I know Flight1 G1000 (own Mustang and it's well done) but like you I'll go for A2A not only for compatibility with Steam but also for a "classic" cockpit.

Thanks so much again!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I have both.

A2A:

+ Accu-Sim simulation of engine and aircraft

+ Configurable GPS's (none, A2A GNS, RXP GNS, F1 GTN)

+ Beautiful

- Limited number of included repaints

F1:

+ Turbo model

+ G1000 simulation

- Heavy on FPS (due to G1000)

Really these are two different beasts. The A2A is meant as a total simulation of the aircraft, from stem to stern, and is of the slower but more abundant C182. The F1 is more a simulation of the G1000 and not a simulation of the engine (as it is compared to Accu-Sim on the A2A C182), but it is of the faster, higher flying C182T (turbo).

I enjoy them both, but spend more time in the A2A than the F1.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Thanks Philip, much appreciated!

Riccardo

I have em both, I like em both.  The G1000 is good.  But I have the GTN 750 so I usually end up popping it into everything I fly.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3