Sign in to follow this  
PinkJackal

Windows update...

Can we make a list with windows updates that affects FSX performance (stutters and low FPS), or updates that we don't need in our PC's. It will be very useful for all of us!

Thank you very much!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Thank you very much Rick!

I will list them here for others, if anyone know other updates please list them here.

What are the ones for windows 10?

KB2952664  
KB2990214 
KB3021917
KB3035583
KB2977759
KB2996978
KB3022345
KB3044374
KB3068708    

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

I don't want the update for win 10 because I don't need them right now, I will upgrade to win10, but only after SP1 is out, this is also how I did for win 7.

This thread is for updates that are known to affect FSX-MS or FSX-SE by stutter or FPS hit!

Regards, Albert Miu

Didn't know that..

Well ok, I will update after I see some positive reports, not from the beginning!

I found the 2 updates, there are actually listed in the upper ones: KB 2952664 KB 2976978

Regards, Albert Miu

To be honest, I have W7 right now and I have all the updates installed. I do have the little "Get Windows 10" icon in my taskbar. Right now, I'm looking at the task manager and GWX.exe, the process for the little icon, is using LESS than ONE megabyte of RAM, and nothing of my processor. I don't really see how this tiny little program is "heavily impacting" Nick N's work. For me, it has no effect on my business.

If you have windows 7 Professional you will not get the little icon with win 10, only home edition get's it.

NickN is not talking only about that update it has listed more updates as you can see!

I will try to uninstall those updates and see the difference!

Regards, Albert Miu

If you have windows 7 Professional you will not get the little icon with win 10, only home edition get's it.

That's not true. 7 Home Premium, 7 Professional, and 7 Ultimate all have the icon if the computer is fully updated.

NickN is not talking only about that update it has listed more updates as you can see!

I will try to uninstall those updates and see the difference!

Again, I have every single update possible downloaded and installed. Like I said, I have had no impact whatsoever on my performance.

Here's the "malware" that everyone is complaining about: 

post-254482-0-74410400-1434955055.png

A whopping 404K of my 16GB of RAM being used by this application. Oh the horror.

To be honest, I have W7 right now and I have all the updates installed. I do have the little "Get Windows 10" icon in my taskbar. Right now, I'm looking at the task manager and GWX.exe, the process for the little icon, is using LESS than ONE megabyte of RAM, and nothing of my processor. I don't really see how this tiny little program is "heavily impacting" Nick N's work. For me, it has no effect on my business.

It might be 1 MB when you looked, but it randomly scans your computer at regular intervals to detect changes and new software you might install, to get the chance to send you the warm fuzzies, as it will tell you what your computer needs for W10, in due course. Trust me, it will use 26% CPU when it needs too, probably mid flight. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468933-found-this-after-windows-update/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It might be 1 MB when you looked, but it randomly scans your computer at regular intervals to detect changes and new software you might install, to get the chance to send you the warm fuzzies, as it will tell you what your computer needs for W10, in due course. Trust me, it will use 26% CPU when it needs too, probably mid flight. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468933-found-this-after-windows-update/

MS is very clear that the "compatability checker" only runs once a month:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-compatiblity-report-means?ocid=win10_auxapp_ReportCovers_%20compatibility

How often does the report run?

The report runs automatically about once a month. If you installed apps or devices recently, or made changes to your PC, the report might not reflect these changes.

That's not too bad.

Edited by linux731

Yup... No SP1, 2 or 3.

Windows 10 will be updated by the usual weekly updates, so will always be up to date.

If you do have one othe qualifying OS's & do not have the icon & want it,  have a look at:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/i-want-to-reserve-my-free-copy-of-windows-10-but-i/848b5cce-958b-49ae-a132-a999a883265b

Look halfway down the page..This section posted by Susan Bradley:

Try the different methods. I have W7 on a laptop & W8.1 on another. Section 3 worked for my W7 & Section 2 for my 8.1. Sounds confusing, but once you read & run the batch file, you will understand.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Windows 10 will be updated by the usual weekly updates, so will always be up to date.

Well, aren't they daily? I mean, we all know that updates will be forcefully automatic, so I don't know if this means daily or not.