Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

Just thought I should tell everyone about my OOM

I've been having an incredible time.

I really love simming, and I just switched back to P3d because... to me... it's by far the best experience.

We get all the good stuff now with ASN, REX, FTX, PMDG, etc...

I've been having the smoothest sim experience with the best visuals - and now - with the best simulation I've ever had

with A2A's Comanche, and I got my first Blue Screen. 

Thought I'd say it out loud to the only people that would care.      Bummer, but expected.  

I'm off to do the flight again.   

I7 4770 @ 4.4     780 FTW OC           16gigs Corsair                      I got this. 

Blue screen, or OOM? Or can you get both at once?! I'm in the same boat, both of a2a latest released have caused me OOM, which is a pain because they are my top two planes. I started taking Rob's advice and backed off my settings and limited my textures to 1024, and its much less frequent now

with A2A's Comanche, and I got my first Blue Screen.

Blue screens are usually indicative of bigger issues than just out of memory problems. Personally, the only time I've crashed with a blue screen was when I had what turned out to be an unstable overclock. After a period of sustained heavy load (flightsimming, encoding h264 video, etc.) the computer would sometimes fall over and blue screen on me - even though my Prime95 overclock testing seemed to go just fine.

If you've dialed in an overclock, perhaps you should reduce or eliminate it as part of your testing. Rather than risk a partially stable overclock on my system and more hours of tweaking/configuring to find something better, I just pulled back to standard clocks.

(shrug)

-Greg

Blue screen is usually a hardware crash and has nothing to do with an app. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I don't think it has anything to do with the A2A, just to be clear. 

I've been running my overclock for a year now,  I've had one blue screen till the one I just posted about.  I'm really not worried about it. 

This is seriously the best simming I've ever done... I just landed and everything was perfect. Smooth as silk and pegged at 40 FPS. 

Awesome.  It looked beautiful and I've never had so much fun than flying the A2A Comanche.  

Woohoo!