Sign in to follow this  
Galoot

Triple monitor setup using Nvidia Surround and three monitors

Just out of curiosity??  Are you able to SLI.. I have two EVGA 760 in sli config but not able to see it in P3D.  As for distortion I'm running 3 28" Screens and not getting distortion using Nvidia surround. Or maybe my eyesight is worse than i thought.

Thanks

Steve 

Just imagining, what if there was some way to rig up a some mirrors such that the two side monitors could be behind the center one a little bit on each side, just enough to have side monitor screen over the bezel, and the mirrors would reflect the covered screen back to another mirror in front of the bezel.

I have enough projects already.  But i wonder what that might look like.

OR, maybe it would work better if the center console was behind the sides.

Is there a program out there maybe something related to laser work, that helps one set up angles of light reflection?  Or am I gonna have to write one?  Maybe using something like  3dsmax would work.

unfortunately, to make it actually work one would almost certainly have to use some kind of lensing.

Or, just overlap the bezels, as I do already.  put a mirror over the bezel that reflects from another mirror on the far outside edges of the side monitors that reflect a strip of display from the outside edges.  Write a shader that moves the portion of the view from behind the bezels to the outside edge of the monitors, which would be seen reflected into the mirror over the bezel.

easier, but there would be a difference in the size of what is reflected because it comes from the other side of the monitor.  So just write the shader to adjust for that.  You would see little stubs and the top and bottom of the bezel mirror. which would be bezel from the outside edge.  But that's better than a full plate of bezel sandwich.

i knew I should have made that reprap 3d printer

Just imagining, what if there was some way to rig up a some mirrors such that the two side monitors could be behind the center one a little bit on each side, just enough to have side monitor screen over the bezel, and the mirrors would reflect the covered screen back to another mirror in front of the bezel.

I have enough projects already. But i wonder what that might look like.

OR, maybe it would work better....

LOL.

Hmmm.... might be time for a long blue sky flight somewhere and back. :)

We don't want you burning out before that distortion fix. :)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

@ Denali

I agree with gb.

Take a nice holiday to relax, swim and sleep...

Then , with enough renewed energie, you might finish the fix....

Imho , waiting for LM, means waiting for X months .....

And you proved it to be posdible.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

@Denali,

Thanks much for your wonderful efforts in this area of widescreen! I am now wondering about using a 4K large Hdtv up close - maybe a curved one - instead of 3 monitors - and using your distortion fix. The resolution is amazing and the lack of bezels would be wonderful. Plus you could have more vertical FOV if you mount it more centered on your eye level. What do you think?

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

<< Not quite sure what you mean by "it won't work".

NV surround works in P3D exactly like it works in FSX and any other game that does not have some geometric post processing corrections going on.  >>

Well, obviously "surround" will "work", if one is willing to tolerate the gross distortion that occurs if you try it in P3D, as posted earlier and in numerous other discussions.  I'm not at all interested in that kind of thing; if it looks bad, I'm looking elsewhere.  YMMV

On 6/22/2015 at 9:28 AM, racklefratz said:

LM hasn't seen fit to provide the capability to use Nvidia surround with P3D, unfortunately.

Has this changed with the latest version of P3Dv4?

spacer.png

On 03/10/2017 at 2:54 AM, Boomer said:

Has this changed with the latest version of P3Dv4?

Surround does, and always has, worked in P3D versions 1,2,3 and 4.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

12 hours ago, Boomer said:

How to implement?

Basically just set up Surround in the nvidia control panel and then select it (that resolution) in the P3D Graphics settings page.

gb.

On 10/3/2017 at 5:28 PM, Boomer said:

How to implement?

...and don't forget to set up bezel correction and use bezel corrected resolution, otherwise you will see shifted images between monitors in VC etc..

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

On 3-10-2017 at 11:28 PM, gboz said:

Surround does, and always has, worked in P3D versions 1,2,3 and 4.

gb.

But it has the fisheye distortion.

Denali made a Distortion Fix that worked with NVSurround and it worked. He only had to finetune it .

If LM had tried it too than we had good fps instead of using 3 seperate views that cost 40% of the fps...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Denali made a Distortion Fix that worked with NVSurround and it worked. He only had to finetune it .

Yes, shame he has gone quiet on that.

gb.

My problem is my main screen is 1920 res but the 2 flanking screens are 1280, when I stretch, it forces the middle screen down to 1280.

spacer.png