Sign in to follow this  
shaddyy

New Nvidia drivers out.

No reason to update from what it sounds like ?

Confirmed, I'm not in the sli group yet so no reason.

Confirmed, I'm not in the sli group yet so no reason.

Rich Sennett

Installed for me ok, looking good, day and night. I'm sure there's been some improvement but that may be my excitement in flying the 250 and the superb lighting and shadows in the vc.

bob

How about the rwy lights on Aerosoft airports like LEBL??

sorry don't have Aerosoft airports so I can't check the for you.

Aerosoft airports like LEBL

This airport doesn't list support for P3D - FSX only?

PAPI lights are fine

The driver did fix one issue for me with SLI ... I no longer drop out of SLI mode whenever I access a menu item (guess this is related to the G-sync work nVidia did even though I don't have a G-sync monitor).

I also noted there seems to be a rather nice performance improvement for my Titan X's in SLI mode.  Cloud density has NO impact at all on FPS now.  I was also able to add 80,000, to Terrain Shadows and set Tree AND Building AutoGen density slider to max without a single stutter or hickup, stays locked at 30 fps (Vsync 30Hz).

I'll do more formal testing this weekend, but in the past Terrain Shadows have caused slight stutters, same with Max Building AutoGen.

Sadly the other FX (ship wakes, smoke, some aircraft lights) are still not rendering correctly ... but given how long it takes to get nVidia working on P3D drivers, my expectations that this driver would fix those issues were low.

Cheers, Rob.

The driver did fix one issue for me with SLI ... I no longer drop out of SLI mode whenever I access a menu item (guess this is related to the G-sync work nVidia did even though I don't have a G-sync monitor).

Rob, can you share your settings - I am getting dropped out of SLI when I click on menus.

How did you install your driver.  Did you first manually uninstall it or just used the new driver installer with clean option?

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

sorry don't have Aerosoft airports so I can't check the for you.

There is a work around for most Aerosofts airports on a german side.Un official and need to registrer but very easy to install and it works well (at least with 353.06)

http://simmershome.de/native-p3dv2-light-patches/

Michael Moe

There is a work around for most Aerosofts airports on a german side.Un official and need to registrer but very easy to install and it works well (at least with 353.06)

http://simmershome.de/native-p3dv2-light-patches/

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Rob, can you share your settings - I am getting dropped out of SLI when I click on menus.

How did you install your driver.  Did you first manually uninstall it or just used the new driver installer with clean option?

Thanks

This is very helpful to me also, because I'm still undecided whether to try again with the SLI.

Not using NI.  Setting are default for the Prepar3d.exe profile that comes with the nVidia driver.

This time around I just did a standard driver update and checked the "perform clean install" option.  I did not use DDU or any other method.

Based on Beau's public post I'm pretty sure the FX rendering will be corrected in P3D V3.0.  I know LM have been working with nVidia on multi-GPU issues.

Cheers, Rob.

Single 970gtx and all seems OK after a cloud heavy night flight in a2a Comanche, smooth sailing, no stutters. All lights appear to be working. Clean wipe using newest DDU and shader wipe. Looks like a2a put the dead body behind the seats in the Comanche this time around.

@Rob,

How is it that you run with Vsync @30Hz? Are you driving your 4K Monitor at 3960x2160 and it has a 30HZ refresh rate or what?

Thanks

Dave

P.S. Can you retest with/without SLI with your new superhigh settings and give us an approximate 30% average improvement ratio - or better??

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

How is it that you run with Vsync @30Hz?

Yes, my Sony XBR-49X850B supports 30Hz and 60Hz at 3840 x 2160 via HDMI 2.0 port and HDMI 2.0 output from my Titan X GPUs.  

I normally operate at 30Hz because it's just so easy to be stutter free in almost any situation even at rather extreme graphics settings and locations and nasty ASN weather.  If I fly fighter jets or acrobatic aircraft then I might bump up to 60Hz.  I use TrackIR also and find it very fluid at 30Hz or 60Hz.

If you ever happen to be in the SF/Bay Area come visit ... many seem to think that 30Hz just isn't visually viable and I can assure you with the right monitor it's more than viable, it's stunning! :)

EDIT: the videos I produce/post don't do it justice, the actually experience is much better.

Cheers, Rob.

Tried the new drivers with same results i am afraid. Still the right mouseclick issue getting SLI out of SYNC and fps cut in half or so.

also still FPS performance is worse over single card performance cranking everything up.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

@Rob,

Thanks much for the info on your Sony - Amazon has the "C" model at $999 - very tempting - of course, I would need at least a Nv970 to drive it with.

Also, do you still see approximately a 30% increase with SLI?

Also thanks for the invite - I do live in SoCal, so maybe sometime I would call ahead for a visit - Thanks much!!

Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2