Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

POP FREE AUTOGEN

Hi Everyone,

So what does POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1  and/or 0 do in Prepar3D 2.5?... Because it certainly does not prevent Night Environment (is this not autogen) from popping up in front of the aircraft.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

As far as I know Night Environment is indeed not autogen, otherwise they wouldn't be able to achieve such high render distances for the lights.

The anti popup effect only works for autogen trees anyway if I remember well, not buildings.

Hi,

So it only works on trees, do you know if this addition to P3D is a work in progress with additional items to be added? Also, I've been working on night lighting for so long I'm getting them both confused. I meant UTX Night Lighting, isn't this autogen?.

Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I have no idea if they intend to extend this system to buildings and other autogen items sorry. Though I'd assume it should be possible, we'll just have to wait for the next P3D version.

As for UTX yes this is indeed using autogen lights, but since the anti popup effect only works on trees It probably won't do anything here...

It works on buildings as well

I just checked and I did find someone mentioning it was working on *some* buildings. Are you saying it works on all of them? Beacuse last time I checked mine were popping badly :lol: So I might have to check again

Hello Mike,

If you are using UTX Night Lighting and having it POP UP in front of you, something else needs tweaking.  I have been using UTX night lighting for several months now and have not seen any issues as described. 

P3D v2.5

WAT1460.png

I just checked and I did find someone mentioning it was working on *some* buildings. Are you saying it works on all of them? Beacuse last time I checked mine were popping badly :lol: So I might have to check again

POP_FREE_AUTOGEN -> ALL autogen, so all buildings and all trees :wink:

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

Hi,

Now this I would like (over 30 FPS - with FSDreamTeam KFLL, UTX Night Lights and Night Environment Florida) except for the night lighting load time pauses. If I remove UTX and just use Night Environment, I'm left with a third of the lights and light popping. If I remove Night Environment, I'm still left with night lighting load time pauses with UTX.

KFLL.jpg

I've found running with POP_FREE_AUTOGEN set to zero only affects buildings with tress remaining pop free regardless. As I don't tend to fly over big urban areas this gives a bit of performance back when I do graze conurbations. I can tollerate a little building pop, but hate to see it with vegetation, which I can max out with no problems.