Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Man...what a custom plane SNOB, I was....and was, is the operative word...

Only because of the SoundMaxx  purchase, was I even curious to fly the XP 10 default Cessna C172.

I think it has more flight dynamics...than my beloved Carenado C377...you get moved up, around there...and with the new sound package installed within its guts....this bird will be flown on a regular basis, for sure.

It looks good inside and out...flys like you are up and out there....and with the new atmospherics (windstream presence, and howl, turb, shudder, prop bite/thump) this will be no longer the wall-flower in my hangar...no sir...

This custom-sled 'snob' has learned a lesson...default aircraft, do not necessarily mean lacking...no sir. Finally, there is no wind-howl, sucking sound of FPS degradation. Whatever your system will kick out...you will GET IT!

Cessna_172SP_8.png

Cessna_172SP_10.png

Cessna_172SP_11.png

Could you post a video showcasing the Cessna sounds? Thanks

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

Could you post a video showcasing the Cessna sounds? Thanks

I don't do videos...but the Devs (who are reading and participating in this thread) sure could fill your request for sure!  After reading this...I'm sure they will!  The sound transformation is great though,...and I going to be flying this bird quite a bit. I flew from Muskoka, Ontario, Canada (I  love this area of the Great Lakes), right to CYTZ Toronto City Centre, and I never dropped from 29-30 in this most congested custom scenery that I have. With my Carenado C377...I could drop as much as 10-13 FPS...so now I see that your choice of plane (and it's modeled systems) has a tremendous impact on how many FPS you will render at any second of flight. I simply had no idea...until this afternoon!!!   So...John...or Cameron, perhaps you guys can make a video, highlighting all the great new prop and cabin sounds, your software has imparted.  Make that prop bite....make it bark! :)

My other favorite is the Eclipse business jet...and the turbo fans have a new, meaner get-er-done sound, backing you up, as well as a really nice and detailed rpm run up, as you push those throttles home........!     Cheers.

So...John...or Cameron, perhaps you guys can make a video, highlighting all the great new prop and cabin sounds, your software has imparted.  Make that prop bite....make it bark! :)

One is in the works, but it will take a little time! Glad you're enjoying it though!  B)

Founder of X-Aviation

I will most certainly be buying this, but I have to let my wallet cool off. I've spent a lot of X-plane the last month and my wife is having fits!

Next week she will forget all about it and then Ill buy this too!

Rob

Next week she will forget all about it and then Ill buy this too!

What's $20 more between spouses?  :P

Kidding aside, thanks for the support, Rob!

Founder of X-Aviation

I agree with Mitch, I never really bothered with the default C172 up until now. I found myself trying it out, flying around and it's not actually a bad model, just the cockpit is lacking. The sounds add a lot to the experience and are often overlooked by developers

I agree with Mitch, I never really bothered with the default C172 up until now. I found myself trying it out, flying around and it's not actually a bad model, just the cockpit is lacking. The sounds add a lot to the experience and are often overlooked by developers

Tony, I am now really enjoying different settings on the throttle, and especially a roll-back as I descend for the approach.  There is now, such a sophisticated timbre to the bite of the prop...and you can almost hear the compression from the engine as kinetic energy bleeds off from same.  

I am a musician, and sound, ( I have been tested and accredited for having Perfect Pitch) along with the nuances of  the sound envelope, is well established, and appreciated by myself,...so I strongly pick up on the subtle differences in the prop's timbre. I don't know where they sampled from...but it is very clean, well defined, and very clear.  This is a sleeper software buy.  Their asking price brings back huge sonic R.O.I.   B)

As a matter of fact, the sound files kicks Carenado's C377 butt!  I might want to mod them in. In a later version/update, I suggest that they allow you the option of over-riding 3rdP custom sound files, if you wish to.....on any sled you choose. 

Hey Mitch,

I got a Mac 5k late last year and had considered doing some USB splitters for my controls so that I could still use my home-built PC for simming. I tried XPX and the default C172 on the iMac and was sold instantly. I have about 200 hours in type and really got the illusion and immersion of real flight.... and now the sounds with SoundMaxx (installed yesterday).

The only thing wrong with the old 172 in XPX, like the real thing, is that you never really get to go anywhere...

Good post- also saw your other post here too.

Bruce.

Hey Mitch,

I got a Mac 5k late last year and had considered doing some USB splitters for my controls so that I could still use my home-built PC for simming. I tried XPX and the default C172 on the iMac and was sold instantly. I have about 200 hours in type and really got the illusion and immersion of real flight.... and now the sounds with SoundMaxx (installed yesterday).

The only thing wrong with the old 172 in XPX, like the real thing, is that you never really get to go anywhere...

Good post- also saw your other post here too.

Bruce.

After using SoundMaxx...what is your opinion, Bruce?  Interested to read....

Mitch

Mitch, the Piper package by Jason should fit in the gap between default planes and expensive high end add ons. Test them tonight with Soundmaxx.

Mitch, the Piper package by Jason should fit in the gap between default planes and expensive high end add ons. Test them tonight with Soundmaxx.

Thanks for that Ralf!   I wonder also, if it is not only the simpler (less detailed systems simulated), but actually the flight model that Laminar wrote into their XP10 defaults.  It obviously is a combination of factors...but I will do a search and check out the Pipers for XP. Thanks again!

Mitch'er

Sometime I like the "easier ones" because I can tune up my graphic options and still enjoy the fluidity.

After using SoundMaxx...what is your opinion, Bruce? Interested to read....

Mitch

I only tried out some approaches with the C172 and SoundMaxx, but first started the engine and took off. I did note that there is no whine from the electric gyro when the master switch is turned to "on"... but the prop sounds are so cool, and the wind sound. About the only other thing I would comment on is that when a C172 is on the ground, there is a lot of rattling and groaning going on- A2A do this well for their C172 in FSX/P3D.

All in all, the C172 native to XPX and SoundMaxx is a graet combo!

Bruce.