Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Any Ideas on how to reduce my VAS usage - (SLI users?)

Hi y'all,

Been a long time since I posted anything.

I am having serious VAS issues with SLI (P3D 2.5 latest)- it only happens in Orbx FTX regions for the most part.  I have i7-5820K Overclocked to 4.4ghz, and 2x980 GTX SLI and 4K Monitor.  My prepar3d and Nvidia Inspector settings are same as Rob settings as mentioned on his website http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_SLI_Settings.html

Only weather addon I have is Active Sky Next active at the moment.  My textures are 1024 along with Rex Texture Direct + Soft Clouds.

My vas usages climbs like crazy when I am flying around Orbx KORS in FTX PNW (I disabled Vector).  I don't even fly to Seatle, and VAS just jumps to max after like 20-30 min (flying around KORS and northern part region above Boeing's Airport).

I am just flying A2A Commanche 250 with no AI addons etc.

If I fly in OpenLC Europe + Vector - I get VAS maxing around 3GB - which is fine with me as I have 1GB free but what happens when I fly more complex aircraft.

I can't tell if this is due to 4K or SLI?

Well almost latest drivers 353.06 whatever it was before today's latest release by NVIDA.

I can't even enjoy by FTX areas with 2.5 - these VAS issues are beyond crazy now.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

try process Laso and switch on its VAS mangment for P3d process

also try using laso o set VAS watchdog so that as vas nears limit, vas clean is done

worked for some not others on LM forum

but laso is a swiss army knife gots tons of features usefull for pc control in our sim world

try process Laso and switch on its VAS mangment for P3d process

also try using laso o set VAS watchdog so that as vas nears limit, vas clean is done

worked for some not others on LM forum

but laso is a swiss army knife gots tons of features usefull for pc control in our sim world

Hi - Thanks for suggestion - but Process Lasso does not do anything to Virtual Size - it affects the Working Set Memory.  It is the Virtual Size which is 4GB 32-Bit limit.  Sure, Process Lasso gives few more minutes when it is trimming the working set memory, but at the same time Virtual Size Memory (VAS) is already at 4GB.  P3D will always OOM at 4GB Virtual Size.

Just using FTX Regions is just unsustainable with P3D v2.5 horrible VAS management.  LM needs to do something about this.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

cheers though its bad news, I was hoping laso would save my p3d 2.5 upcoming install from vas issues, but sounds like you already tried this in detail.

I been saying for 2 years now, P3d/fsx has not needed a new addon for years, just need VAS fix, then we can crank up sliders, but instead new products just adding load to sliders.

This is why I installed EliteD on my FSX PC, modern Apps for Modern PC, fsx/p3d is almost dead by VAS.

sky wolf i have the exact setup but with 970's, all you can do is turn your sliders back until something is fixed with the vas problem,i use stock p3d clouds and ftx global only with all my airports.i fly the 777 and a320 and don't do more than 5 hour flights.in fsx i was able to do unlimited flight for the most part,just be patient. thats all i can say to do.

I've solved the VAS problem (to a large extent) by just reducing the scenery distance slider. Prior to that I gave up on Orbx Vector and European LC and bought Flight 1's Ultimate Terrain V2 and 2.1 respectively for Europe and the USA. That helps quite a lot, or so I found, but I've still got Orbx Global for textures though.

Hope this helps,

Ian