Sign in to follow this  
arnobg

Anyone using UTX USA2.0 with FTX Global?

I am very interested in purchasing UTX USA 2.0 to go with my FTX Global but I am worried about compatibility issues. How do the textures and stuff mesh together?

I have UTX Caribbean and it looks very, very good with Global...if that's any help.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have UTX USA and Europe and really like both, and no impact at all on FPS.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Absolutely a must have UTX for your vector data. 

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Great product works great with global - warning - light distance in P3D anyway is not far at altitude - close to ground they are excellent -  you basically watch the lights light up as you fly along which is a deal breaker for me otherwise go for it

Rich Sennett

I used it with FTX Global with no problems. UTX complements FTX Global - it's FTX Vector that is in direct competition.

That said, I just switched to GEP3D and uninstalled global. Much prefer the look of GEP3D. UTX works fine with that also.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Anyone have any screenshots of the LA area around LAX and SMO with the two?

Great product works great with global - warning - light distance in P3D anyway is not far at altitude - close to ground they are excellent -  you basically watch the lights light up as you fly along which is a deal breaker for me otherwise go for it

Rich do the lights in UTX replace those beautiful FTX lights? Is there a way to turn them off and have FTX lights?

Rich do the lights in UTX replace those beautiful FTX lights? Is there a way to turn them off and have FTX lights?

There certainly is a way that you can turn off the lights in UTX in favor of the lights in global, I can confirm that.

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

There certainly is a way that you can turn off the lights in UTX in favor of the lights in global, I can confirm that.

Thanks, Does it turn off anything else important besides lights though?

Thanks, Does it turn off anything else important besides lights though?

Nope.

Lights have their own Installer and Config app in UTX 2.0. 

I really want to get GEP3D but I only want a couple of regions and the only thing I see officially released is the worldwide academic version. I guess I qualify for Academic seeing as I am still receiving training for my Instructor Certificate, but $130 and Aviation Academics don't really go together unless it is 100LL from 2 separate tanks.

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

Yes as answered they can be shut off and ftx lights retained - UTX is very configurable and I didn't even think of that - have to try that - thanks Guys

Rich Sennett

Looks like I'll be buying another add-on this week....as if the A2A c182 and GTN750 wasn't enough....

Yes as answered they can be shut off and ftx lights retained - UTX is very configurable and I didn't even think of that - have to try that - thanks Guys

Were you more so referring to the current issue with p3d 2.5 LOD and blurries/lights not showing very far then Rich or UTX itself?

Looks like I'll be buying another add-on this week....as if the A2A c182 and GTN750 wasn't enough....

Were you more so referring to the current issue with p3d 2.5 LOD and blurries/lights not showing very far then Rich or UTX itself?

Allen claims the issue with p3d 2.5 LOD - and I trust him - I understand why LM has also taken this route but would be nice to have choices

Rich Sennett

UTXv2 looks very good in combination with FTX Global, but nevertheless I most probably will switch to GEX P3D, too, because the combo GEX/UTXv2 looks even better than FTXG/UTXv2. 

Patric

UTXv2 looks very good in combination with FTX Global, but nevertheless I most probably will switch to GEX P3D, too, because the combo GEX/UTXv2 looks even better than FTXG/UTXv2. 

Patric

I did switch and you are correct Patric - it does look even better.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors