Sign in to follow this  
rfresh737

Read/Write zoom value?

I've look in the SDK but can't find a call to read the current VC zoom level setting...is there a way to read it?

I also would like to set a VC zoom value and am wondering if this possible as well?

Thanks...

So, this is what I've learned so far in case others are interested in this topic:

1. Microsoft didn't provide a way to read or get the current zoom level in SimConnect.  Period.

2. There is only one call constant (ZOOM1_X) to set the zoom level.  I'm programming in C# but I'll bet the C++ header file for this constant == 64. This constant sets the zoom level to 1.0.

3. While there is only one documented constant (ZOOM1_X)...you can send any integer value and get incremental zoom levels.  For example, send 32 to get .5 zoom level.

So, I guess I've now answered my own question.

I'm wondering if someone could help me with actually implementing this 1.0 zoom level?

I'm doing this in C# and here is my code...I'm just trying to do a button click to set the zoom level but my code isn't working. I'm not sure where the problem is.

Thanks for any help.

enum EVENTS : uint
        {
            ZOOM_1X,
        };

simconnect.MapClientEventToSimEvent(EVENTS.ZOOM_1X, "ZOOM_1X");

simconnect.TransmitClientEvent((uint)SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_OBJECT_ID_USER, EVENTS.ZOOM_1X, (uint)0, INPUT_GROUPS.INPUT0, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG.GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY);

I know this is old, but this was helpful, and I figured out how to make the above examples work:

enum EVENT_ID
{
     ZOOM_1X
}
simconnect.TransmitClientEvent(SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_OBJECT_ID_USER, EVENT_ID.ZOOM_1X, 0, GROUP_ID.GROUP1, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG.GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY);

I didn't cast anything and my enums are not uint derived. Not sure if that makes any difference but it works for me.

I also figured out how to do more than just set the zoom to 1X. There are other zoom events. Specifically ZOOM_IN and ZOOM_OUT, except that they are backwards. ZOOM_IN zooms out and ZOOM_OUT actually zooms in.

enum EVENT_ID
{
    ZOOM_IN,
    ZOOM_OUT
}

//DEFINE EVENT
simconnect.MapClientEventToSimEvent(EVENT_ID.ZOOM_IN, "ZOOM_OUT");
simconnect.MapClientEventToSimEvent(EVENT_ID.ZOOM_OUT, "ZOOM_IN");

//TRIGGER EVENTS
simconnect.TransmitClientEvent(SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_OBJECT_ID_USER, EVENT_ID.ZOOM_IN, 0, GROUP_ID.GROUP1, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG.GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY);
simconnect.TransmitClientEvent(SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_OBJECT_ID_USER, EVENT_ID.ZOOM_OUT, 0, GROUP_ID.GROUP1, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG.GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY);

To get to .3x zoom, just set the zoom to 1X, then zoom out a few times (7 times, to be exact).

Hopefully this helps some people!

Nah, you don't do it like that. That's tedious.

You do it like this using the secret event:

P3D_simconnect.MapClientEventToSimEvent(EVENT_ID.EVENT_ZoomSet, "VIEW_ZOOM_SET")
P3D_simconnect.TransmitClientEvent(DEFINITIONS.Struct1, EVENT_ID.EVENT_ZoomSet, ZoomLevel * 64, hSimconnect.Group1, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG.GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY)