Yesterday, after having sold my Saitek Pro pedals ( the cheaper set ), I bought the Combat Pro model, which looks and feels sturdy, and very precise, but I was somehow disappointed with the available toe brake course - too short....

Any hints on mitigating this apparent limitation of an otherwise very good RCS ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yesterday, after having sold my Saitek Pro pedals ( the cheaper set ), I bought the Combat Pro model, which looks and feels sturdy, and very precise, but I was somehow disappointed with the available toe brake course - too short....

Any hints on mitigating this apparent limitation of an otherwise very good RCS ?

Just checked mine and I agree there is not much travel available, maybe about an inch measured at the toe break end. However this is the first time I noted that and in use they seem fine. Maybe it is just a matter of getting used to them and forgetting about your older pedals that I assume had more movement.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Just checked mine and I agree there is not much travel available, maybe about an inch measured at the toe break end. However this is the first time I noted that and in use they seem fine. Maybe it is just a matter of getting used to them and forgetting about your older pedals that I assume had more movement.

gb.

True, but I really have to be careful not to deflect them, unintentionally... I even thought about reversing the axis, so that they actually become active as I release them, but it feels unnatural that way....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

True, but I really have to be careful not to deflect them, unintentionally... I even thought about reversing the axis, so that they actually become active as I release them, but it feels unnatural that way....

Try adjusting their angle down a bit to move them further away from your toes.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Just to clarify I mean you can unlock each toe brake lever and rotate it down and away from the normal position of your feet. Travel will be the same but you will have more clearance between the brake and your foot.

gb.

Yes gb, that's how it is set already, to it's lowest detent - actually that's how they came packaged by default....

I am also getting accustomed to it, using the fixed stand to place more or less mid foot, and this way not permanently contacting the movable plate that controls the toe brakes.

Thx for your suggestions!

Main Simulation Rig:

Any ideas on how to the the rudder axis to work?  I have installed the drivers as per the instructions provided but in calibration and FSUIPC it is not showing up.  The brakes show up but not the rudder.  I am at a loss, hope its not the hardware.

Any ideas on how to the the rudder axis to work?  I have installed the drivers as per the instructions provided but in calibration and FSUIPC it is not showing up.  The brakes show up but not the rudder.  I am at a loss, hope its not the hardware.

Do they show up in the Windows calibration routine?

Was that the Saitek driver you installed?

gb.

The toe breaks axis show up in the calibration but rudder axis does not.  The Saitek driver is 7.0.47.1  I am hoping its not a bad set of pedals as it seemed to take forever just to get these.

I guess I should also mention that I am using Windows 7 64bit and I also have the goflight yoke and GF-TQ6 Adv throttle system. Wonder if theres some conflict there that could be causing this?  I have tried this with the other 2 devices disconnected as well and have had no change in results.

The toe breaks axis show up in the calibration but rudder axis does not.  The Saitek driver is 7.0.47.1  I am hoping its not a bad set of pedals as it seemed to take forever just to get these.

I guess I should also mention that I am using Windows 7 64bit and I also have the goflight yoke and GF-TQ6 Adv throttle system. Wonder if theres some conflict there that could be causing this?  I have tried this with the other 2 devices disconnected as well and have had no change in results.

Try uninstalling the Saitek driver.

It is not needed if the only Saitek device you have is the pedals.

gb.

Well, I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and it seems as like when I try to uninstall the driver I'm not sure I am actually uninstalling it because when I would go to reinstall it would ask me to overwrite the existing file. Also, I have operated them briefly without the drivers in the beginning. When I first opened the box I plugged it in and tried it out before I found the instructions. If I remember correctly I had the same results. Any tips on fully uninstalling the drivers? I noticed that in the c:/window/temp/madcatz file it has a file for the pedals but it also looks like there's one for the x52 which I have never owned.

Well, I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and it seems as like when I try to uninstall the driver I'm not sure I am actually uninstalling it because when I would go to reinstall it would ask me to overwrite the existing file. Also, I have operated them briefly without the drivers in the beginning. When I first opened the box I plugged it in and tried it out before I found the instructions. If I remember correctly I had the same results. Any tips on fully uninstalling the drivers? I noticed that in the c:/window/temp/madcatz file it has a file for the pedals but it also looks like there's one for the x52 which I have never owned.

Ccleaner is quite good.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

I'm running my combats on Win7 64 with no Saitek or Madcatz driver installed.

Try pluging direct to computer if now using a hub. Do you have access to another computer you can plug them into.

Otherwise looking like hardware issue.

gb

Double check the angle.  I only say this because the usually come packaged set in the mid position.