Sign in to follow this  
Paffox

No virtual cockpit - just a 2D-panel

Has anyone of you encountered the loss of the virtual cockpit? I just loaded the pmdg 737 ngx and I didn't get the virtual cockpit view, but only a 2D-panel view. I've tried reinstalling the 737, but no luck. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Did you press 'A' to cycle views?

Also, full names - first and last - are required in the forum here.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, I've tried to cycle the views. I've got ezdok, and when I cycle views, all other views than the "origin view" are virtual cockpit views. I can't get the left seat view to be virtual cockpit view, but only 2D, which is pity. 

I've got ezdok

Did you re-run the EZDOK config tool after installing the NGX?

Kyle Rodgers

Did you re-run the EZDOK config tool after installing the NGX?

Yes. I ran it as an administrator (got version 1.17), and nothing significant happens. I still have the same 2D-panel view. 

Yes. I ran it as an administrator (got version 1.17), and nothing significant happens. I still have the same 2D-panel view. 

Try it with EZDOK disabled. If it works, then it's an issue that you'll likely have to take up with the developer of that product. Given the transition from the 2D to the VC is a default FSX function, I'm relatively certain this is an issue with that program.

Kyle Rodgers

Try it with EZDOK disabled.

Disabled EZDOK, but the 2D-panel is still there. Just to clarify. If I switch to "F/O view", I get a virtual cockpit view from the F/O view, but if I try to switch back from F/O view, I get a 2D-panel. 

Disabled EZDOK, but the 2D-panel is still there. Just to clarify. If I switch to "F/O view", I get a virtual cockpit view from the F/O view, but if I try to switch back from F/O view, I get a 2D-panel. 

Sounds like EZDOK messed up your config files. The cycle should go 2D, Capt Seat (VC), and then cycle through other VC views.

When in the FO view, right click anywhere that isn't a click spot for the panel and look in the view menu. Virtual Cockpit should be an item in the list. If not, the config files got messed up.

Kyle Rodgers

I think I've found the solution. I went through my aircraft. cfg and noticed that the "CameraDefinition" for "Cockpit" view is missing. Is it possible that you could copy your "CameraDefinition" for "Title= "Cockpit"" so I could check if that works? 

Guest JustanotherPilot

the F9 key restores my NXG VC when, occasionally it disappears.

the F9 key restores my NXG VC when, occasionally it disappears.

Nothing happens when I press the F9 key, even though it's set up as a shortcut, sadly. But could you take a look in your aircraft.cfg and check if there is a "CameraDefinition" with the line "Title= "Cockpit""? I just have to try eliminating possibilities. 

EDIT: Went through some of the other aircrafts' aircraft.cfgs and noticed that there were no "CameraDefinition" for "cockpit". I might actually have to reinstall FSX..

Guest JustanotherPilot

Nothing happens when I press the F9 key, even though it's set up as a shortcut, sadly. But could you take a look in your aircraft.cfg and check if there is a "CameraDefinition" with the line "Title= "Cockpit""? I just have to try eliminating possibilities. 

EDIT: Went through some of the other aircrafts' aircraft.cfgs and noticed that there were no "CameraDefinition" for "cockpit". I might actually have to reinstall FSX..

None for cockpit per se - only for FO. Have you submitted a ticket to PMDG, they're pretty good with support.

None for cockpit per se - only for FO. Have you submitted a ticket to PMDG, they're pretty good with support.

Have sent one now, but unfortunately I think I have to reinstall the flightsim because I'm missing on EVERY aircraft a virtual cockpit on the left seat view. I have no idea how this has happened. 

Guest JustanotherPilot

Have sent one now, but unfortunately I think I have to reinstall the flightsim because I'm missing on EVERY aircraft a virtual cockpit on the left seat view. I have no idea how this has happened. 

If this affects every aircraft then obviously you have changed some settings or added a 3rd party program that has made them, think back to when the aircraft worked fine and when they didn't - what events occurred in between.