Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Are 3rdP planes NOT tweaked for the platform they are sold for?!?!?!?!?

Sesquashtoo, I hope your on commission, your doing a great job selling SoundMaxx:)

---------------------------------------

"Nope..no commission offered...lol....but if it sucked...there would be equal finger energy expended, to state that as well.  It does very well, what it was designed for...and most happy to be enjoying its injection, towards greater immersion."

Quote "so if scenery spotting, I try and use the lightest aircraft I have with the best view"

Any recomendations please?

Thanks

Phil

Yep..the one I was threading about...the stock/default Cessna 172 that comes with the sim.  You will see the highest FPS output, no matter what you have thrown at the sim....just see the world from this sled, and enjoy, for yourself...

I find Alabeo's Tomahawk light on frames and has a good view from the cockpit and is my favourite GA aircraft. I'd also recommend some of Carenado's earlier stuff (e.g. The Cessna 152 being my favourite, not too heavy on frames and still looks good and has good visibility).

For the best view all around, I use Dreamfoil's R22 (Helicopter), but it's quite difficult (but fun) to fly.

I'll certainly give the 172 a try Tony, thanks.

What I was wanting, was suggestions for something a bit slower and maybe a more open cockpit to enable better viewing. I fly only photoscenery and I dont like to miss anything!

Thanks

Phil

Phil, you definitely can't go wrong with the Tomahawk from Alabeo, I used it all the time for flying low-and-slow over photo/W2XP scenery. It has good visibility, and it cruises between 90-100kts.

Quote "so if scenery spotting, I try and use the lightest aircraft I have with the best view"

Any recomendations please?

Thanks

Phil

On the freeware side, the Cub from http://www.alcala-sim.com/Products.htm is quite good as well.  Slow of course, but flies nicely and provides a wonderful view.

I've been using the Dreamfoil R22 exclusively for sight seeing though.  Took it around a freshly installed PAJN last night, even went and landed on the glacier!  It's wonderful as far as helicopters go, and I think it allows you to ramp up the stability quite a lot so as to make it easier to fly both for those new to helicopters and for those who don't have high quality controls.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks for all your suggestions,I'll certainly give each of them a try apart from the R22 as unfortunately, I can't do helecopters.

Maybe I should give them a try but not wanting to hijack this thread, I'll ask for advice on this in a seperate topic.

Thanks again

Phil

It's at the org: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=18737

I'm sure the effect is lessened with a smaller monitor, and I have no idea if you scroll side to side when your monitor is less resolution than the panel (I currently can scroll up/down, but I fit the whole panel in horizontally), but it is very, very well done.  It's best used with the glance left / right commands; that way you can still look out the windows, but come back to the 2D panel when you let go.  In fact, I mapped my hat switch to glance left / right, and move up / down.

Thank you Jim!  Here it is...just out of CYBD Bella-Coola, and keeping me at 30 FPS!~   Great heads'up!

Here's a beer...ice cold...

C172WidePanel_C_1.png

C172WidePanel_C_2.png

Mitch

Mitch, does the wide panel cockpit work with SoundMaxx Pro? I thought it just replaced the sounds in the default C172

Mitch, does the wide panel cockpit work with SoundMaxx Pro? I thought it just replaced the sounds in the default C172

It replaces anything that 'borrows' also, from the default sounds. So...basically anything that does not have its own sound package...will be parsed...

This wide screen panel works very nicely with a smaller 25 inch wide view such as mine.  In those mountains, I could hear the air frame creak as I took on some chop...so they (SoundMaxx bytes)are there...or, whatever was default before, Tony.

Thank you Jim! Here it is...just out of CYBD Bella-Coola, and keeping me at 30 FPS!~ Great heads'up!
Here's a beer...ice cold...

Hey, I'll take an ice cold beer anytime! ^_^  Glad you're enjoying it.

This wide screen panel works very nicely with a smaller 25 inch wide view such as mine.

On a 32" at 2560x1440, it's sublime!

The sounds are already excellent; I have no idea if any of them were default or not.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.