Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Are 3rdP planes NOT tweaked for the platform they are sold for?!?!?!?!?

I am flabbergasted!  Sheerly , plain flabbergasted....

I have been flying Carenado sleds exclusively in XP 10.x for as long as it came out.

I am floored!

I mostly fly the C377 SkyMaster, and the B200/350 KingAir.

Fine...got used to how they handle...seemed kinda dull...lackluster in the air...not much interaction with the atmosphere. Perhaps I thought, that is how it is...that there ISN'T much interaction with the surrounding prevailing winds, etc. In XP, P3D, FSX...it just isn't modeled well within the codes....

Yeah...right.

Since purchasing SoundMaxx...I have been (first time ever...) flying the XP10 stock Cessna 172s, and all I can say...is that my Carenado flight experiences now feel dull, like flying barn-yard doors...compared to the flight dynamics of the DEFAULT 172.  

I actually have to FLY this thing...am being buffeted around whilst in the air....have to finally TACK and dog leg for cross wind landings...fantastic...in the C377...didn't much matter WHAT kind of winds were out there...up drafts, down drafts, side drafts....well...any drafts...

Never knew...

I have to say...that in XP10...this is the first plane, that from keeping in in a straight line down the heart of the runway/landing strip, to rotation and climb-out...this is the first time in any simulator...that I REALLY feel that I am flying...da*n!

That I really feel that I am the one wrestling control of the aircraft from the wind(s) around me.  Fantastic...finally!

Also...to my amazement...it  isn't the scenery and its complexity, it isn't the sim-setting levels, it isn't SkyMaxx, SoundMaxx, LUA...ANY OF IT...that is affecting your FPS ratings while running XP10.  NO...it is what PLANE and its sub-system complexities,...is what is driving down your FPS, from optimal.  You don't believe me?  Go to all your favorite flying haunts...with the DEFAULT Cessna 172....and see where your FPS read-outs stay at....  It is phenomenal...and better yet...now with SoundMaxx customizing the stock sounds for all planes (default) and others that also 'borrow' default sounds, flaps, gear, prop, gyro whine...blah, blah... You will get stellar FPS rated performance now from XP...and it is my opinion now...that the XP planes as done/tweaked by Laminar...FOR their coding....probably is the best plane flight dynamics, you're gonna get, whilst flying XP. I think, Laminar best understands the underpinnings of its own code.

Everyone will hold their opinions....but through flying with this bird...this is the one that is forming, most strongly....I feel like I AM in a plane...and AM flying through atmospherics....wow.  Not just a lump of concrete that I could get airborne.  Even P3D, and FSX, feels dead to the stick...in my custom aircraft, ...and now...I am going to fly the P3D and FSX stock Cessna 172...and see if those birds bring alive, what I am now experiencing with XP and its stock 172!!!  I have a hunch that they won't though...but I will still investigate it.

Cessna_172SP_12.png

Are you twisting my arm - trying to make me buy something I am tempted to do anyway?  I believe you are and you have made the best argument for shaking a bill or two out of my wallet yet.  Thanks - I think - Sesquashtoo!   :P 

John

John Wingold

Are you twisting my arm - trying to make me buy something I am tempted to do anyway?  I believe you are and you have made the best argument for shaking a bill or two out of my wallet yet.  Thanks - I think - Sesquashtoo!   :P 

John

John, I would NEVER steer anyone wrong...here are night shots with FULL HDR on..which everybody knows...usually  can suck the life out of FPS...but look at my LOCKED FPS...look what my approach into this dense area is giving me with the default 172.  Da*n!

Click on the picture twice, and bring up your brightness and contrast..for this is a night shot. Look at this!!!!!   No matter what scenery I am flying over..no matter if it is day or night...NO MATTER...I am getting no less then 29-30 flippin' FPS!  John...as everybody has seen, I have XPX stuffed to the gill slits...and I run this sim pretty well flat out....and look at what I am now getting. If this was my Carenado C377...it would be around 21-23 FPS right about now. I know...I run this flight line all the time, day and night. You can see where I am heading in to land...waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there still.  Having A BLAST!

Mitch

Cessna_172SP_15.png

Cessna_172SP_17.png

Cessna_172SP_18.png

Cessna_172SP_20.png

Cessna_172SP_19.png

Cessna_172SP_21.png

Cessna_172SP_24.png

Cessna_172SP_35.png

Cessna_172SP_32.png

Cessna_172SP_26.png

Cessna_172SP_25.png

Cessna_172SP_29.png

Cessna_172SP_34.png

Cessna_172SP_28.png

Cessna_172SP_30.png

Cessna_172SP_27.png

Cessna_172SP_31.png

Cessna_172SP_33.png

I don't know if it'll suit you, since you like looking around a lot, but the fixed wing plane I've enjoyed the most in my short stay over here in the X-Plane camp has been the C172SP Wide Panel Project.  I never thought I would enjoy a 2D panel that much, but wow.... I'm using it on a 32" 2560x1440 monitor and it is completely jaw dropping.

And, it's integrated into a version of the stock C172, so if you're enjoying that... ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I don't know if it'll suit you, since you like looking around a lot, but the fixed wing plane I've enjoyed the most in my short stay over here in the X-Plane camp has been the C172SP Wide Panel Project.  I never thought I would enjoy a 2D panel that much, but wow.... I'm using it on a 32" 2560x1440 monitor and it is completely jaw dropping.

And, it's integrated into a version of the stock C172, so if you're enjoying that... ^_^

Sure Jim...I'd be interested...lead me to it!

Sure Jim...I'd be interested...lead me to it!

It's at the org: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=18737

I'm sure the effect is lessened with a smaller monitor, and I have no idea if you scroll side to side when your monitor is less resolution than the panel (I currently can scroll up/down, but I fit the whole panel in horizontally), but it is very, very well done.  It's best used with the glance left / right commands; that way you can still look out the windows, but come back to the 2D panel when you let go.  In fact, I mapped my hat switch to glance left / right, and move up / down.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

It's at the org: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=18737

I'm sure the effect is lessened with a smaller monitor, and I have no idea if you scroll side to side when your monitor is less resolution than the panel (I currently can scroll up/down, but I fit the whole panel in horizontally), but it is very, very well done.  It's best used with the glance left / right commands; that way you can still look out the windows, but come back to the 2D panel when you let go.  In fact, I mapped my hat switch to glance left / right, and move up / down.

Thanks Jim...just landed as you can see in the above pics...and will get this now. Yes..I can use the glance left/right...and thanks for the head's up!  

Post Edit: Just downloaded it..and will run it tomorrow...now time for a motorcycle ride, out to dinner with Mrs. Mitch....  :rolleyes:

Mitch

and all I can say...is that my Carenado flight experiences now feel dull, like flying barn-yard doors.
Well, I certainly agree with that. I don't fly ANY of my many Carenado aircraft. They look good, but that is all. I usually get 10 fps hit on their aircraft. But other aircraft are not as bad as that - not even close.

Apart from that, I am sensing that you are giving a muted 'thumbs-up' to Sound Maxx. Am I reading that right? :lol:

Sounds like a good package to get - I don't fly any of the standard planes, but if the C172 is so good, might have to give it a go.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Well, I certainly agree with that. I don't fly ANY of my many Carenado aircraft. They look good, but that is all. I usually get 10 fps hit on their aircraft. But other aircraft are not as bad as that - not even close.

Apart from that, I am sensing that you are giving a muted 'thumbs-up' to Sound Maxx. Am I reading that right? :lol:

Sounds like a good package to get - I don't fly any of the standard planes, but if the C172 is so good, might have to give it a go.

Yeah, with me...NOTHING is 'muted', according to the love-of-my-life...that's why she says, that she married me...LOLOLOLOL!   Life is way too short, to be 'muted' in anything!   Yeppers...thumb's big for SonicMaxx.....  It also enhances donation and freeware offerings that borrow any of the default sounds...flaps...turbo-fans, gear, cats getting run over by landing gear, on a grass strip.....er..sorry...gyro, etc...so will bring all your feet up to sonic speed...

Now...to sling a leg over a bike saddle, while the sun is still out there....

Have a good night, sir!

Mitch

Thanks Jim...just landed as you can see in the above pics...and will get this now.

Uhmmmm yep, I see your pics!  The same ones that caused my iphone to have a heart attack and pass out. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I haven't tried the default Cessna since I first installed XP10 back when it first came out. The Carenado Bonanza was what convinced me to give X-plane a chance to replace FSX on my computer. I'm glad I gave it a chance!

However, I was surprised how much better the Carenado Cessna 210 flew after getting the Reality Expansion pack. I was happy with the flight model before, but after installing the RXP, It felt like all my other Carendo planes don't fly nearly as well as they could. I'm not talking about the damage modeling of the RXP, just the flight model changes it makes. Feels much more fluid and life like now. Its hard to describe, but I feel more like I'm flying.

Ill have to try the default Cessna out again tonight. (If I can pull my self away from the Saab)

Rob

You xplane folk keep giving me more reasons to finally jump in and try it. I've never flown xplane, and I can see it's come a long way. Should I do it? finally??

I'm a convert from Flight Sim, and I have to say X-Plane is (after a bit of a steep learning curve) in my opinion the superior sim. FSX has all the 3rd party support and has a better "world", but once you install a few add-ons (usually free, like HD Mesh, Open Scenery) X-Plane is my go to sim.

I still jump into FSX occasionally, only because of a few airframes that aren't yet available in X-Plane.

I guess what I'm saying is do it:)

P.S. Sesquashtoo, I hope your on commission, your doing a great job selling SoundMaxx:)

I'll second the recommendation for the C172 Wide Panel (http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=18737). I think however that SoundMaxx doesn't change the sounds for this, so it will be the stock sounds (I'm sure it's easy enough to change though).

It is a little heavier on the frames but the hit is negligible compared to one of the HD aircraft from Carenado/Alabeo. You're right in that the aircraft itself can have a big impact on FPS, so if scenery spotting, I try and use the lightest aircraft I have with the best view.

Quote "so if scenery spotting, I try and use the lightest aircraft I have with the best view"

Any recomendations please?

Thanks

Phil