Sign in to follow this  
dash8q400 flyer

FTX Trees HD Released

Currently downloading the treees...

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

Just checked the screenshots out and the trees do look very good and the price for that kind of global overhaul is fairly reasonable but can't help feeling Orbx is trying to get paid twice for something already part of one of their existing products. Will next thing be FTX Rooftops HD...?

Will be interesting though to hear the first impressions and if they are good I know myself well enough to realize I'll probably end up getting these new trees myself :wink:

Richard Åsberg

I was thinking Letter Boxes HD Richard

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes, waiting for feedback before making a purchase. 

Is it worth the $$ or just smoke and mirrors. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Except for what they look like I'm very interested in hearing about the announced FPS increase and the VAS footprint which is said to be the same as when not using these new trees.

I was thinking Letter Boxes HD Richard

Guess we shouldn't give away too many ideas for free :wink:

Found this video and the new trees do look good.

https://youtu.be/PuLStNQVz9k

Richard Åsberg

I just downloaded and flew a little up in Vermont with plenty of tree cover. Keep in mind I only tested for a few minutes and only in the summer season. I don't know about VAS but I did see about a 10-15% increase in FPS. As for the trees I have to be honest, unless you are skimming the tree tops I am not sure you will really notice that much difference. For me the improvement in FPS alone makes it worth the price. The trees are just an added bonus. Unless you are comparing side by side shots of before and after I am not sure you will even remember what the old trees looked like compared to the new. We are getting so spoiled with all the new improvements in software unless you see dramatic improvements you hardly notice some of the less significant ones. This is just my opinion and only after a brief review. But I would buy it again.

Well, I've been flying around with them for about an hour. They look alright. Don't expect them to look significantly different. I'm not sure if the 15,000ft question was a troll, or if you're serious. But they look as you'd expect.....like green dots. As for performance, I haven't noticed any gain or loss. I did notice, however, on start up, there were a few more stutters than usual. I'll do some more testing. But honestly, if you're not flying at around 500ft, you're not really going to notice a huge difference. I'll go check out other areas and see what else there is to be seen. But I haven't been WOWed by this product quite yet.

But honestly, if you're not flying at around 500ft, you're not really going to notice a huge difference. I'll go check out other areas and see what else there is to be seen. But I haven't been WOWed by this product quite yet.

I do a lot of low level flight. Mostly in mountain areas, where I enjoy a lot of the Orbx scenery. Have bought, but not downloaded yet. 

I seem to have better fps also about 10 fps on avg

Rich Sennett

Flew around NW Florida for about 40 min and 1000 down to 300 ft. or so. Trees look nice and I did notice that some of the bushes and smaller trees had some blooms on them...or that is what it looked like. Kind of nice touch. It did very much appear that my performance was better. I am guessing maybe 15% or so. It was hard to really tell because of heavy rain, fog and overcast. My first impression is yep it's a good thing and well worth the few bucks it cost. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I think it is subtle, but good. I do see a difference in the look. I like! I looked both in FSX and P3D.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090