Sign in to follow this  
dash8q400 flyer

FTX Trees HD Released

Save your money....buy some beers with it....

I agree with a lot of others...you have to strain to see any true quality difference between stock Global..and this add-on.  As far as the difference shown in the pre-release A/B ORBX promotional pics....I have two letters to sum up my experience: BS.  I think they (the 'B' pics) were enhanced....plain and simple. SweetFX, whatever...

No increase one iota in FPS performance at all...as well.

Did you by chance flew in Summer or in a region without seasonal difference? I think, the most obvious changes are in spring, autumn or winter in the regions of the world where you actually have different seasons. But even then, you only see the difference when you fly low I guess. Anyway, for me, this product was a no-brainer to buy as I mostly fly GA low and dirty those days and in regions, where trees with blossoms (spring), different shades of green (summer) or brownish/red (autumn) and completely bald (winter) will be visible compared to the simple FSX default trees.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Did you by chance flew in Summer or in a region without seasonal difference? I think, the most obvious changes are in spring, autumn or winter in the regions of the world where you actually have different seasons. But even then, you only see the difference when you fly low I guess. Anyway, for me, this product was a no-brainer to buy as I mostly fly GA low and dirty those days and in regions, where trees with blossoms (spring), different shades of green (summer) or brownish/red (autumn) and completely bald (winter) will be visible compared to the simple FSX default trees.

Yeppers...did Summer and Fall.  Yes..if you pick this up going from default...then you are good to go...in saving $100.00 to buy Global. But..for me...the actual installation in no way comes close to the A/B feature shots put out by ORBX prior to release. No way....  I already had Global.  For you though...this was a steal! :)

It does not replace the old trees, it adds to them. Depending on where you are you will hardly see any difference. Flew around west PNW last night and had to look for the new trees. Overhyped product ...save your money.

You may have a bad install. HD Trees replaces all the tree textures. To get the maximum effect one has to set the texture resolution in the sim to 2048 (of course, after clicking on the HD Trees checkbox in FTX Central V2 and hitting "Save Group").

It does not replace the old trees, it adds to them. Depending on where you are you will hardly see any difference. Flew around west PNW last night and had to look for the new trees. Overhyped product ...save your money.

The manual states that these trees ONLY replace the full generic texture sets of Global. If you have custom (FAT) regions that have already enhanced trees, actually NONE (HD Trees) will show up in these regions. That is spelled out clearly in the manual.  If a Dev has also bypassed the generic tree calls...again, no HD Trees will be in play.  Only scenery that calls generically, will have these tree sets. Now..doesn't that make you a happy camper? LOL!

You may have a bad install. HD Trees replaces all the tree textures. To get the maximum effect one has to set the texture resolution in the sim to 2048 (of course, after clicking on the HD Trees checkbox in FTX Central V2 and hitting "Save Group").

It does not replace "all tree textures" and I do have it at 2048.

The manual states that these trees ONLY replace the full generic texture sets of Global. If you have custom (FAT) regions that have already enhanced trees, actually NONE (HD Trees) will show up in these regions. That is spelled out clearly in the manual.  If a Dev has also bypassed the generic tree calls...again, no HD Trees will be in play.  Only scenery that calls generically, will have these tree sets. Now..doesn't that make you a happy camper? LOL!

The same generic trees are in full regions as FTX Global. HD trees only adds a few trees in areas like PNW it doesn't change the old ones. Around air strips and towns are the only places that you will see HD trees in PNW.. Do you need glasses ? Happy man.

I don't get why you are so negative here. I think that the entire idea here was to replace and enhance trees for the Orbx product users. It may work for other "generic" trees as in basic FSX or P3d install. ....And for God's sake it cost only $14.00 US. All of this stuff about scenery software is very much in the eye of the beholder. We see it everyday with pictures of the 2 trillion combo's of ASN....REX etc. clouds. To some they are beautiful and to others they just kind of look like all the other gee-whiz cloud pictures. As for performance enhancer, these textures will help some machines and not so much for others. If your Computer is trashed up with tons of pictures of the dog and last years vacation then it may not show a difference in performance. Never forget when giving advice on software and flight sim computers..."YMMV!"

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

ost only $14.00 US

Why do you keep quoting 14 US dollars? !?

Snap out of it thats just plain wrong!

ZORAN

Someone mentioned a couple of posts ago there have been reports of misplaced trees after installing this addon.

That doesn't make sense to me if this addon will simply replace textures?

Richard Åsberg

Why do you keep quoting 14 US dollars? !?

Snap out of it thats just plain wrong!

I got it for $14.10 USD on April 13th...  ($18.35 AUD)

The FlightSim Store

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: 367661

Date Ordered: Monday 13 April, 2015

Products

1 x Orbx - FTX: Trees HD (ORB-101) = AUD$18.35

Delivery Option Instant Download

License Type Regular End User

Sub-Total: $18.35

Total: $18.35

Senior discount 20%...      :ph34r:

I got it for $14.10 USD on April 13th...  ($18.35 AUD)

The FlightSim Store

Order Number: 367661

Date Ordered: Monday 13 April, 2015

Products

1 x Orbx - FTX: Trees HD (ORB-101) = AUD$18.35

Delivery Option Instant Download

License Type Regular End User

Sub-Total: $18.35

Total: $18.35

Go to the website , the price is AUD$22.95

are you over 80? your including the old age discount?

ZORAN

I think us old guys (over 65?) get a discount on ORBX products. That accounts for a small price difference. If 3 or 4 dollars makes that much difference to you then you may be in the wrong hobby!! So stop calling me a liar!! $14.00 USD!! YMMV!! LOL! By the way...that is a Senior Discount not an "OLD age discount"  :lol:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I forgive your mistake, my grand pa gets things all confused to, so I hear you LOL

ZORAN

Yep, it is the "old age discount" but I prefer Senior citizen discount.  I do feel old when I get out bed each morning and then have to look in the mirror, but using "senior" makes me feel a little better.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________