Sign in to follow this  
dash8q400 flyer

FTX Trees HD Released

I already replied to you in the other thread about disabling the HD trees, but to deal with our specific issue here, delete the shader cache - the files are direct replacements for the defaults that could well be the cause of a stutter.

My P3D crashed again today so i uninstalled the trees. using the script. How a company can make an add on without an uninstall or backup of default files, is beyond me, after using flight sims for almost 3 decades. Not only that, they also installed a bunch of files in my P3D scenery directory that I didn't want and never asked for. I guess if I keep having a problem with P3D crashing  like I did yesterday and today, I will probably have to reinstall P3D. 

For anyone else that runs into this problem, I suppose knowing where the shader cache is located would be a big help. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

As you seem only interested in having the resolution to your problem handed to you on a silver platter, I'll leave it to one of your other servants to come and resolve this for you. 

If you are unaware of the shader cache purge, then you have most definitely brought this on yourself as a consequence of doing something that you will almost certainly ALSO blame on someone else. 

As you seem only interested in having the resolution to your problem handed to you on a silver platter, I'll leave it to one of your other servants to come and resolve this for you. 

If you are unaware of the shader cache purge, then you have most definitely brought this on yourself as a consequence of doing something that you will almost certainly ALSO blame on someone else. 

Where does it say in the instructions for Orbx Trees anything about the shader cache purge?  Let  me know please. And you really don't have to be so rude.. I have spent a great deal of time trying to sort this problem out and I don't need someone lecturing me about what I should have done.  BTW, I even mentioned the exact problem I was having on the Orbx support forum yesterday, and the only suggestion I got was to install the update, which I did and still had the problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

For anyone else that runs into this problem, I suppose knowing where the shader cache is located would be a big help. 

Shader cache is in C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Quite a harsh statement - we are here to help others

Rich Sennett

Quite a harsh statement

louisdecoolste is competing for the Snave Award.

Veteran members will know what I mean.   B)

:good:

Rich Sennett

Actually, there's a certain stylistic similarity between louisdecoolste's posts and Simon's.

Simon has occasionally cropped up here under other worknames - he was burgman for about a week and a half a couple of years ago.

Intriguing.

Ah yes the mysteries and elusive Shader Cache file.  Even though im the most intelligent person i know it still took me a while to master this one, mind you i don't get out that often.   I am now Commander of the shader cache file  :rolleyes:

Nah, this guy's a pussycat. Snave would have him for breakfast! :BigGrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Lets keep it civil ... do all your trashing talking sneakily behind everyone's back via PM and email ;)

Cheers, Rob.

Lets keep it civil

Roger that!