Sign in to follow this  
dash8q400 flyer

FTX Trees HD Released

Thanks, the manual was helpfull. HD trees are only activated if both options are selected. The assumption is that ORBX trees are replaced. (Not that it matters.)

Anybody notice more shimmering?

This was my main concern as well. The default trees already shimmer a little bit unless you use "exotic" anti-aliasing modes to counter it. Increasing the texture resolution might actually cause more shimmering. I didn't notice a big difference, but they do shimmer a tiny bit more than the default trees. As always, make sure Clamp Negative LDO Bias is enabled in the graphics driver, and if your GPU can handle it, enable some form of Super-Sampling AA.

I agree you only really see the difference when skimming the tree tops. At 1000 ft. it's hard to tell the difference. This product is mainly for those that like to fly the Piper Cub, ultralights etc. The HD trees almost make the biggest difference when on the ground, at airports surrounded by trees. Also I really feel like I need to try some of the HDR tweaks - P3D v2 is so dark that much of the finer detail gets lost.

Didn't measure VAS usage. I think the texture filesize has grown from 173KB to 683KB, but if they've found a way to optimize the models to still keep VAS the same, I'll take their word for it. FPS seems to be about the same - maybe 0.5 FPS lower.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Trees definitely looks better at lower altitudes with no noticeable performance hit on my system - happy!

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

There are some feedback reports on Flightsimstore of people seeing trees mis-placed in some areas (on runways, aprons and taxiways) after installing this package...... anyone here seeing that.

Very much a fencesitter for this one.

That's how I understood the manual.

Always felt a bit allergic to that kind of stuff but no big deal I guess if you only make sure to keep a good backup until you know you want to keep the new textures.

Still find it a bit strange why a backup of the original textures isn't performed by the installation program.

Richard Åsberg

I think I can see a subtle difference but not any revelatory frame per second increase....I'm fixed at 33 fps, and for me that should be a six frame per second increase… Which I do not see.

What a boneheaded thing to say! Of course if I set it at 33 it's going to stay at 33!!!

Open circuit between Brain and fingertip!

… Old man brain fart…

… Just plain wrong!

I'll adjust it to unlimited and compare later today

:-p

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Most likely  it the same  way  that when you install ftx  global it  ask you  where you like  the installer  to save  the back up files,  maybe  some  one who has  installed it already,  does  the installer  make  a back up copy  of  the  default  trees

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

There are some feedback reports on Flightsimstore of people seeing trees mis-placed in some areas (on runways, aprons and taxiways) after installing this package...... anyone here seeing that.

Very much a fencesitter for this one.

Save your money....buy some beers with it....

I agree with a lot of others...you have to strain to see any true quality difference between stock Global..and this add-on.  As far as the difference shown in the pre-release A/B ORBX promotional pics....I have two letters to sum up my experience: BS.  I think they (the 'B' pics) were enhanced....plain and simple. SweetFX, whatever...

No increase one iota in FPS performance at all...as well.

I have two letters to sum up my experience: BS. I think they (the 'B' pics) were enhanced....plain and simple. SweetFX, whatever...

Utter tosh. If you need to strain to see the difference then you either have very poor eyesight, or you buggered the installation.

The only BS here is coming from you. Enhanced the images indeed :rolleyes:

Utter tosh. If you need to strain to see the difference then you either have very poor eyesight, or you buggered the installation.

The only BS here is coming from you. Enhanced the images indeed :rolleyes:

Nah....next....

You hold your opinion, and I'll hold mine.

The installation is fine...

Ok, good thing you can restore the original textures but using a batch script...come on Orbx...

Think I'm gonna pass this one after reading the doc and realizing that in order to get the full potential you need to increase TML to 2048 and I prefer to stay at 1024 especially considering VAS usage which is already a problem in some situations at TML 1024.

Richard Åsberg

At least for me it has no impact on performance and looks no better or worse than the Zinertek product.

It's possible that this may be a result of P3d shifting most of the autogen tree computations to the GPU.