Sign in to follow this  
BoeingFan88

Having trouble adding repaints to UT2

What is the matter with you? Can't you admit you are wrong? And even if you can not admit, you are obviously not capable of providing information about how to do so using Powerpack, so you do not provide a single piece of help for the thread opener. I am pretty sure that you simply confuse adding schedules and assigning airplanes to the schedule with assigning repaints. Not the same, my dear...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

No, just because there are other ways of accomplishing the same end. Maybe you should look into PowerPack as can the thread opener. Or he can attempt to add repaints about 3 different other ways, hun.

So, then why you do not explain those three ways, genius? Or at least point us in the right direction by telling us where to look for it on the screenshot of the UT2 Powerpack UI:

ut2powerpackxkuqw.jpg

Go ahead, I like to be surprised...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The 3 ways have been posted in this thread. Read the PowerPack and UT manual for the other method.

There must be something seriously wrong here...

Just as a reminder:

You have to use the PowerPack to add stuff.

Your first post. No explanation, nothing, a simple sentence, plain wrong.

But then you must re-name the plane exactly as it was named in UT2 in the first place. That is the hard part for many users.

The second post, again completely wrong, as it is absolutely not relevant what name you give to the plane. You can assign repaints even if they are in a different folder on another drive...

Sounds complicated. PowerPack is 2 clicks and UT2 is 2 more clicks.

Again. NO, in Powerpack, assigning repaints is not possible. This is a fact until you prove here otherwise.

Because I did it for years.

Most useless comment of all...

No, just because there are other ways of accomplishing the same end. Maybe you should look into PowerPack as can the thread opener. Or he can attempt to add repaints about 3 different other ways, hun.

I downloaded the Powerpack Manual, I opened Powerpack, I posted a screenshot showing all available menues of Powerpack. THERE... IS... NO... OPTION... TO... ASSIGN... REPAINTS. The official guide for assigning repaints is more or less what I have written on the first page of this thread.

I give up...

Greetings, Chris

Thanks for all the help guys!. Can't try this out tonight but should have enough time to try again in a day or two and see where it gets me.  I'll let you know where I get and if I still have issues I will try to post screenshots.

GOT IT TO WORK!! Seems like my problem was not with my folders or .cfg file but the fact that I was searching for the plane the wrong way in ut2. I was trying to find the model by working through the ut2 selection column and not the FSX selection column. I had watched a tutorial video on youtube and it seemed to be done this way. Thank you AnkH for the detailed explanation on how to find the model in ut2! Thank you everyone for chiming in and trying to help...its much appreciated!

If I have any more trouble in the future I'll know where to ask ;)