Sign in to follow this  
Copper.

Touch and Go advice

I'm intrigued -- have I missed something or is this a new development?

We're building a sim center in Northern VA. Currently, a 747-8 simulator is being built (http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/news/fds-b7478-fbpt-unveiled) as our test/integration platform. From the lessons we learn there, a 737 and a 777 sim will be installed at the facility (it has not been decided which one of those will go in first) to get us off the ground. The 748 sim will eventually make its way over, too.

More here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/470209-flightsimcon-2015-updates/

There's a video of RSR's presentation, here:

(Sim Center discussion starts at 25:00)

Kyle Rodgers

Ah, I see! Very nice, albeit a bit of a distance from where I am in the north of England -- but having been fortunate enough to be involved with one of the UK World Flight teams over the last five years or so I've had the experience of 'flying' a full-sized sim. Quite apart from the initial sense of having to locate switches and controls in three dimensions instead of two, the multi-crew aspect is quite eye-opening!

As I mentioned earlier, training/instructing is something I enjoy a lot and whilst at the moment I'm working on a little project which will utilise the default aircraft and FSX shared cockpit feature, it would be wonderful one day to be able to extend that to more complex types across the internet rather than having to be physically in the same place as the student. As I say though, I'm not holding my breath!