Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

What Sort of Crap Is This From P3D?

Can anyone who is connected to Prepar3D kindly enlighten em why all of a sudden, out of the blue when I fire up P3D v2,5, I am being asked for activation, when it was done ages ago when I first purchased and installed it? And yet it has been running fine with no activation crap for goodness-knows-how-long.

It's nonsense like this that will eventually drive people off this hobby.

And before anyone comes up with a suggestion of asking this on the Prepar3D website forum, has anyone ever tried to navigate that morass of convoluted menus?

Who knows, can be frustrating, but just activate it and move on! Hopefully it won't ask you everytime you start P3D. Have you upgraded any hardware lately?

This is the 2nd time it has asked me for Activation in recent months. And no, no hardware changes/upgrades. I last used it on a very long flight 2 nights ago.

I have had to now send them an email to Activate and wait 2 whole business days as the online activation does not work or throws up a 'run out of.....'.

I wish I had known this was the sort of crap I'd have to put up with from Prepar3D----I'd have stayed with FSX! You spend all that money and then come to a juddering halt. Great!

Hmmm... Sorry you are having a problem there but since installed, many moons back, haven't had to activate since. You might want to check the p3d forum for help.

You just seem to have all the luck with DRM these days don't you?    :lol:

I have never been asked to re-register P3D - just checked again thinking this is something new but the weird part is it did ask me to update object flow - never saw that before - orbx update for sure - weird

Rich Sennett

Rich, I just logged on and had the same request, but because I run Orbx FTX Central I'm thinking it was that and not something from LM??

Cheers

Martin

You just seem to have all the luck with DRM these days don't you?    :lol:

I will bite my tongue and give you the benefit of the doubt that this is not a sarccy comment, but in case you need reminding, with DRM software like Steam, one has to login each time just to get onboard; the P3D afaik is not a Steam piece of software where one has to login each and every time!

Rich, I just logged on and had the same request, but because I run Orbx FTX Central I'm thinking it was that and not something from LM??

Cheers

Martin

Yep It's an orbx update. Probably for the latest P3D HotFix.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Don't have to be on line to fly P3D, so asking you to register it  again is pretty bizarre, and probably has nothing at all to do with P3D. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Don't have to be on line to fly P3D, so asking you to register it  again is pretty bizarre, and probably has nothing at all to do with P3D. 

Sure is - a screenshot of that window would be nice to see

Rich Sennett

Here you are Rich.

.....has nothing to do with P3D? Really?

P3DInitialStartScreen.jpg

I will bite my tongue and give you the benefit of the doubt that this is not a sarccy comment,

Rookie mistake..... I'm just pulling yer leg  :drinks:

He has already stated "no hardware changes or upgrades".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png