Sign in to follow this  
Artur Munteanu

737 MAX

It is not a tech effort the major aspect to consider, it's the " PMDG policy " instead.

PMDG have always released ( gorgeous ) products about Boeing planes present in the market since many years, for instance the recent 777, 737 NGX, the future 747 v2, etc.. and it has always avoided new planes like 787 and for sure we won't see the 737 MAX for at least 6-8 years at least.

There must be some strong marketing reasons behind this policy and I somehow agree, even if I really miss a 787....a 787 made by PMDG I mean  -_-

Exactly. So there's no "to be fair" clause here. Something can't be simple if it's impossible. No data? Not possible.

Earlier post stands.

I respectfully disagree. It is possible. I know PMDG won't do it this way but it is possible.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The external model is already there

Not really.  The 737MAX has bigger engines and a taller landing gear because of those bigger engines, not to mention a new wing..  Along with these major changes come smaller changes.  It's a whole new generation, not just a NGX update.

• Upvote 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Install per these direction in post #1 - http://forum.avsim.n...fsxse-updates/.

I have followed the post and weather radar work like brand new one!!

Thanks 

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

Personally, I'm willing to wait a while for PMDG to develop the 737 Max. I'm well aware of what has to go into development for FSX and P3D. As for why we're not going to see it anytime soon, flight data needs to be collected from hundreds of hours of flight time. As well as who will operate it so skins can be available.

If it will be an expansion of the NGX, that's great. But personally, it should be its own entity since comparing a 737 Next-Gen to a Max is like comparing a house cat to a lion.

On 7/1/2015 at 2:03 AM, netshadoe said:

Not really.  The 737MAX has bigger engines and a taller landing gear because of those bigger engines, not to mention a new wing..  Along with these major changes come smaller changes.  It's a whole new generation, not just a NGX update.

Exactly.

Developing a MAX version is a huge undertaking. It's a brand new aircraft and will - most likely - NOT be developed as an expansion to the existing NGX. Considering, that he 737NGX is from 2011 the coding will most likely be so old when/if that time comes, that it will be more efficient to develop it from scratch... 

It's a lot more, than a few panels! I don't really know how you got that impression?! It's a new model (both internal and external), new engines, new flight-dynamic modelling, new landing gear, new performance data etc... I'm fairly certain, that there's more new stuff to be developed, than to be re-used from the current NGX version... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

The picture in the first post looks like a super mario brothers VC compared to the current NGX

2 hours ago, Nick Dobda said:

The picture in the first post looks like a super mario brothers VC compared to the current NGX

N8704Q_Boeing_737_MAX8_DSC_9656.jpg

If anyone is curious as to how much of an undertaking knocking out a 737 MAX for a flight simulator would be, one of my favourite 737 websites has a fairly comprehensive look at the technical differences:

http://www.b737.org.uk/737maxdiffs.htm

Note too, the link on that page to the iPad app which Boeing uses for maintenance and which is part of the new stuff in the MAX's cockpit, whereby it can display maintenance issues and schedules etc on the cockpit displays (you can get hold of that app yourself if you are curious about it).

Even a quick scan through that page will show that PMDG or any other developer couldn't just knock one up quickly by virtue of having made an NG or other 737 variant, although of course the MAX does, on the face of it, look a lot like 'just another 737' with a few new bits, so it's easy to see why some might think it would be easy to produce one for FS. Nevertheless, it is a very different aeroplane, and one which has only been in service a very short while.

Owing to some construction and delivery schedule changes at Boeing, the first airline to get the 737 MAX ended up being low cost Malaysian operator Malindo Air, even though Southwest is still the 'official' launch customer, when they will be getting their first ones into operation in Autumn of this year. Norwegian Air is the second airline to get the MAX and will be starting commercial flights with it later this month.

Here are some pics of some of the 737 MAX's first commercial flights:

http://www.azuanzahdi.com/index.php/2017/05/22/first-boeing-737-max-8-commercial-flight-took-off-with-malindo-air-firsttofly-maxoutwithmalindo/

All of this means that it would be a while before any developer could get their hands on a 737 to start snapping pics to aid with development, recording cockpit sounds etc, etc. And even then, what a developer such as PMDG is noted for amongst other things, is putting in all the little quirks the real aeroplane exhibits, for example, the well known one on the 737 NG where the overwing exit annunciation can come on erroneously sometimes. Some of the quirks on the 737 MAX - which like all aeroplanes, it certainly will have - probably won't even be widely known yet, so I wouldn't expect to see anything other than a cheapy 'lookalike' simulation of the 737 MAX for some time (there are some freeware 737 MAX models for FSX and FS2004 kicking about already though, but they are unlikely to be particularly realistic).

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Furthermore, if we start asking PGMD to do "sortof" impressions of hardware not yet generally available to the public, where does it stop?   People will soon be asking for the DC-6 simulation in all manner of older skinned-like planes.  I say NO- let PDMG remain a "purist" simulation company and not start down the road of allowing accounting bullies to pull one-offs built with existing technology.

We've seen to much of this in all industries, and it is a mess.

Is it just me but does it seem the new gen of flight simmers are way to focused on pure eye candy?   /endrant

Mark Trainer

On 7/3/2017 at 3:39 PM, westman said:

N8704Q_Boeing_737_MAX8_DSC_9656.jpg

That's a much more flattering pic then the first one. Honestly can't tell if its real or sim.

The the point to the mario post was not a knock on the pic you lifted, rather the fact that I wouldn't want to fly the "mario VC" over the NGX. Reason being the first max pic you posted looks too gamish and less realistic. I would think PMDG wouldn't release a VC unless its visually the same standard as the NGX>  

If this pic is of a sim, then its quite impressive. To create that I'd think would take a ton of time.