Sign in to follow this  
Robinnn

Failing in getting a good overclock (i7 2600k)

Thankyou all for your help.

I'm having it stable now at 4.6Ghz :)

What other CPU cooler would you advise? Ofcourse, a better one.

The Corsair H100 does not fit in my case. So thats not an option.

Oh yeah, almost forgot this.

I set the Vcore to manual and to 1.31 volts.

Now my corespeed does not get back to 1.6Ghz during idle load. It stays at 4.6Ghz all the time. How to solve that?

All other options are still default.

Now my corespeed does not get back to 1.6Ghz during idle load. It stays at 4.6Ghz all the time. How to solve that?

There's some kind of speed stepping on your motherboard you need to enable.  

Glad to know you are now running a stable OC.

When running FSX it is very unlikely that your CPU will run at idle load.

So just set up an OC profile for FSX in the Bios and load it at PC boot up when you want to run FSX. For all other sessions do not OC your PC..it will save some life for your processor and you will not need to take care about Vcore values when you run at idle speed.

Regards 

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I think these bios switches have be enabled to allow the CPU to fall back to 1.6 GHZ:

-Speedstep

-Turbo Mode

-CPU  C1E

I think these bios switches have be enabled to allow the CPU to fall back to 1.6 GHZ:

-Speedstep

-Turbo Mode

-CPU  C1E

Thats it, Turbo mode wasn't enabled. But I couldn't do that either. The option was black. 

As I do see now, it is decreasing to about 3ghz during idle mode. But not 1.6Ghz

Turbo mode should be off. You have overclocked it manually. You don't need it trying to turbo itself. 

Speedstep is what controls throttling at idle. If it's on but only dropping to 3ghz, I'm not sure what to tell you.

try this post it helped me with the same issue!,and was all to do with all to do with power setting ,the answer was posted by Turboken

"Control Panel \ change to view large icons and select power options and select "Balanced". This will allow your processor to idle.

If you want "High Performance" then select change plan settings then change advanced plan settings then scroll down to "processor power management" and change minimum processor state to 5%. this will allow it to idle and ramp back to 100% when needed.  Provided that intel speed step is enabled in bios. Otherwise high performance plan will force 100% by default I believe."

My power settings had been altered by myself when tinkering or as lot of people call it tweaking i belive I had altered Nvidia control panel, there is a setting to give maximum power LOL ,I had set this to give maximun power and thats what I got,it was simple to alter and worked for me,I only altered my power setting  I have posted the link to my original post,hope it help,s,

peter

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459307-i2600k-overclock-constant/

Thankyou for that! 

Problem is solved now  ^_^

I also added an extra fan on the Corsair H60. So now I have a push-pull configuration. Temperature went down with about 5 to 10 degrees celsius! B)

Everybody thanks for the information. I have it stable now at 4,6Ghz

So when a BSOD occurs, just add some extra Vcore to the processor  ^_^