Sign in to follow this  
Galoot

REX Essential wind changes killing my Airbus

Hey all, 

Does anyone use Rex Essential (WXPlus or Standard engine) with Aerosoft Airbus 320/321 and not have problems with the majorly erratic wind changes at cruise levels? I  recently purchased REX and while the clouds look great the weather engine has made my Airbus unflyable. The erratic wind change directions cause lots of over speeds or slows the aircraft down to dangerous levels and sometimes the stress of the overspeed destroys the aircraft mid-air.

I've raised a problem post on the REX forums but I wondered if anyone on here had the issue and had maybe found a fix they could share? 

Someone suggested buying a registered copy of FSUIPC, but I'm a bit dismayed at having to buy another piece of software to patch what I payed for and was advertised as working in the first place. I'm hoping someone else has solved this by tweaking stuff? :)

Cheers

Tim

That's just how REX works. I have it installed on my PC and have the same issue. You really need FSUIPC to minimize the effect. ASN, on the other hand, doesn't have this issue.

Get ASN and spend more time flying.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The problem you're having is present in many wx programs and is, as I understand things, due to limitations within FSX/P3D itself.  The only wx program that I've tried which seems to be able to work around these limitations is ASN (Active Sky Next).  I can't recommend ASN strongly enough.  You can keep your REX clouds, as ASN works fine with them.

I know you probably don't want to hear about yet another package, but that's the best recommendation that I can give.  As Philip notes, FSUIPC may help mitigate the wind shifts if you want to try to stick with REX E, but I'm with Vic on this one.

Scott

Yep, ASN is your best friend here.

Had REX Essentials and decided to junk it for similar reasons, regular complete weather changes, especially whilst on finals! ASN is so much nicer...

That and the fact that it had to revalidate my Prepar3d licence online every time. Not much good for a weather engine capable of good offline weather generation

Yes I use REX Essentials with Overdrive but fly the Commercial Level Simulations Airbus.  The Aerosoft model is a pain.   Question for you.  I've purchased FSUIPC three times over the past dozen years after losing serials, etc.  It's damn cheap and gives you much more than your couple of bucks worth.  You spend hundreds on other software but can't put out for a piece of software that costs a mere Euro 24.

Have no problems with my airbus.once it's airborne and I engage the Fly By Wire.

Question for you. I've purchased FSUIPC three times over the past dozen years after losing serials, etc.

Errr     buying  a second  time didnt  that raise alarm  bells for  saving  all your downloads to a external  disk :Thinking:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Cheers everyone for the advice - I had a response from REX which mirrored what you guys said 'Rex doesn't work with very well with wind'. Bit disappointing as that's one of the main reasons I bought it, for the weather engine. Anyway they are working on a potential workaround\fix though.

As ASN and FSUIPC are very similar prices I thing I'll try the ASN trial and maybe purchase this if it solves the problem. While REX clouds look great the software has been problematic for me since I bought it a month or so ago.

Anyway thanks everyone!

Cheers everyone for the advice - I had a response from REX which mirrored what you guys said 'Rex doesn't work with very well with wind'. Bit disappointing as that's one of the main reasons I bought it, for the weather engine. Anyway they are working on a potential workaround\fix though.

As ASN and FSUIPC are very similar prices I thing I'll try the ASN trial and maybe purchase this if it solves the problem. While REX clouds look great the software has been problematic for me since I bought it a month or so ago.

Anyway thanks everyone!

As an aside, ASN is now 50% off on Simmarket.

It's fate.....  :lol:

Errr     buying  a second  time didnt  that raise alarm  bells for  saving  all your downloads to a external  disk :Thinking:

Pete if you can find me a computer that uses 5 1/4 inch floppies maybe.  However with my changes of 6 computers during the time I've been in flight sim and the latest FSUIPC release of 4 cost me an upgrade.  I'm just telling people not to be so damn cheap. 

While REX clouds look great the software has been problematic for me since I bought it a month or so ago.

Anyway thanks everyone

You are aware that ASN can use the REX clouds I hope. Get the best of both - many people use ASN for it's weather engine and REX for the clouds.

Just install your favorite REX cloud set - close REX - run ASN - good to go.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors