Sign in to follow this  
tal asherov

Prepar3d problem

If you don't show the FULL contents of the .cfg file how can we help ?

As Vic and Bonchie have said, there are NO miracle tweaks for P3D. Better off with a non-modified file than one badly messed about with. 

how do you know? you cant see all the tweaks in the picture :)

Just the fact that you say "all of the tweaks" tells us that you are applying tweaks that are not necessary.

I realize that English is not your native language but we really need to know what you HAVE and what you EXPECT.

UNLESS you have a major issue, you do NOT need any tweaks in P3D - it runs JUST fine out of the box - my only comment would be to overclock your processor to at least 4.3.  hen you might see a difference.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Your solutions, as for some reason don't want to supply information to enable anyone to help you, are:

1: Stick with a default Prepar3D .cfg setup - you will only screw it up if you don't know what you're doing. As you won't share the information to enable anyone to help you with whatever you're trying to achieve, it's probably the case that you don't. Leave it alone.

2: Learn how your computer works. If you don't have full administrator rights, any changes you make to any .cfg file will not be retained. Also understand how UAC can prevent permanent changes. Plenty of topics on this already. Not P3D or even flight-sim related.

2: Buy a faster computer.

Think that's the best we can offer.  :Nerd:

I use Nividia Inspector and nothing else, works perfect on the anti ailsing inside and outside

Now,

after ONLY P3D was installed,

what do you offer me to do?

starting installing FTX or there is another things to do before?

louisdecoolste-

What more information do you need?

I will give you :)

How can I check if I have full administrator rights ?

Already asked by more than one  - show the entire contents of prepar3d .cfg. All of it. Just copy and paste from the document itself, no fartarsing about with screenshots.

Based on what we already see - 

With your system using Unlimited frames is probably counter-productive.

Why are you using the Bufferpools mod ?

Why do you need the light modifiers ? Are you running triple monitors ?

You seem to be making changes for no good reason. Unless you NEED to make changes, make NO changes. Or explain why you have made those changes. Understand ?

And FTX, what ? Global ? They're just textures. Vector ? Those are vector graphics and roads ? Landclass ? Certainly you do NOT install addons while you don't have good base settings.

Dont use shorthand. Provide full particulars. Only full information will get you pertinent advice and good guidance.

If your processor isn't a K and can't be overclocked, then you are simply screwed. 

FSX and P3D require a heavily overclocked processor to give good performance with addons.

Already asked by more than one  - show the entire contents of prepar3d .cfg. All of it. Just copy and paste from the document itself, no fartarsing about with screenshots.

Based on what we already see - 

With your system using Unlimited frames is probably counter-productive.

Why are you using the Bufferpools mod ?

Why do you need the light modifiers ? Are you running triple monitors ?

You seem to be making changes for no good reason. Unless you NEED to make changes, make NO changes. Or explain why you have made those changes. Understand ?

And FTX, what ? Global ? They're just textures. Vector ? Those are vector graphics and roads ? Landclass ? Certainly you do NOT install addons while you don't have good base settings.

Dont use shorthand. Provide full particulars. Only full information will get you pertinent advice and goofd guidance.

FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC.

I Formatted my computer and now I am starting from the begining.

"do NOT install addons while you don't have good base settings"- what do you mean "settings"? only the simulator simple settings? how can I know what are good settings? there is a guide?

The sim is to be set up for what YOU want to achieve using YOUR hardware, YOUR sim choices (type of flying, location, all other preferences) and with the compromises YOU find acceptable ? We can't guide you.

What you said is you want to tweak - and have stay permanent - modifications to the Prepar3d .cfg. We told you you need full admin rights on your computer as well as UAC control (these are basic Windows functions that you should learn about elsewhere this isn't the place to go into it as we can't know what other conditions might apply to your computer ownership)

What we have also repeatedly said to you is do not do this.

Stick with default settings in the .cfg. Set YOUR sim up as YOU want it to be, change only the GUI settings in the sim (and if you must using Nvidia Control Panel and possibly as a last resort Nvidia Inspector).

Let that be your guide.

At no point has anyone here advised you to reformat your computer. That is the very LAST thing you should have done, but you did it anyway without asking us first. 

Either you don't understand what we are telling you, or you don't want our advice as you aren't taking it anyway. Which is it ?

Final advice: Only once you are happy with the performance of the default sim should you even THINK about adding FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC. And then only one at a time, and after testing for at least 15-25 `flying` hours in your choice of sim environment. Installing those you have access to an unofficial FTX forum here, and the official support forum of the developer, so you should be able to research properly any question you may have before you commit to an installation of addons that are known to be very difficult to uninstall.

If you haven't got an optimized system and sim for YOUR needs going in, you definitely wont have after installing.

Done.

Agreed Louis.

tal -

since you have reinstalled p3d - ADD NOTHING - delete the p3d.cfg file and start p3d

in the sim options - adjust your settings to your liking. ONLY AFTER you have done this can you start with add ons -

ONE AT A TIME and readjust your settings IN THE SIM

DO NOT MANUALLY EDIT THE p3D.cfg file - you can only do harm.

That's it,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Any FFTF setting lower than 0.10 will default back to 0.10 so all these 0.001 and 0.01 do nothing that 0.10 can't do.

Vic

What that setting (FFTF = 0.10) does do is make locked and unlimited frames perform at the same level. This was also true in FSX. 

So without it, unlimited might give you 30 FPS while locked 30 might drop you to 24 FPS. With FFTF at .10, there's no gap, so locked gives you the same performance as unlimited (assuming the lock is set at the peak of what unlimited is giving you). 

The good thing about this is that it lets you enjoy the performance boost unlimited frames gives while limiting your frames for smoothness reasons. Of course, you can get the same issues with blurries you get with unlimited if your computer can't handle it. But my 2500k at 4.6ghz, hardly a top of the line processor anymore, manages just fine.

I can tell you my experience. 

Three days ago I re-installed P3D and my addons (after using FSX-SE for a while). It was my first foray into v2.5. I was getting really crappy performance no matter what I did, including zeroing out most of the sliders. Shader rebuild didn't help either.

So I do a full uninstall and cleaned up all the remnants. Then I updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest 353.30. I did a full re-install, one addon at a time, testing a long the way. I used the same Nvidia Inspector settings (4xSGSS mainly). 

I added FFTF=0.01 and the optimize parts tweak. The FFTF tweak is for the reasons I stated above in my other post. 

Now I'm running the A2A Comanche, at FSDT KPHX, 100% UT2 traffic, REX, FTXGlobal, and UT2 with 30 frames locked solid. I have terrain and cloud shadows on, water high, scenery/autogen very dense, etc. etc. Very high settings.

The point is, sometimes things are just corrupted. If you nothing you do is working and you aren't seeing what you think your system should be showing you, do a clean install.