Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

[Beta Preview] DC-6 for X-Plane

Will there be an SDK for this A/C so the guys over at FS2Crew can do a first officer and engineer, if they so choose?

I notice you did not include a shot of the Flight Engineers panel.....could you post that please?

I would think this is definitely a plane you would need an AI First Officer and Flight Engineer?

As Chris mentioned, this is essentially the FE panel (if he or she were to stand up...haha):

DC-6_5.jpg

As far as the FE goes, as RSR has mentioned in a few different places (though, as memory serves, the latest reference wasn't here on the forum, it's in the PC Pilot article), it will be automated, should you choose that option. I'm not sure about 3rd party integration, though.

What can you tell us about the way the DC6 will handle in this regard?  Have the devs found the way to turn those huge / overdone / irreallistic rolling moments into yawing moments and proper application of rudder and rudder trim to overcome them ?

The physics feel a lot better in X-Plane than they do in FSX. While the plane feels like a solid and stable, faithful representation of the real thing, we're also tweaking the model as the beta team finds oddities here and there. How that's being done is above my pay grade  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Thx Kyle!

Looking fwd for the release :-)   Not that I presently own XP10, but one never knows what can be expected from "jcomm"  :P

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Not that I presently own XP10, but one never know what can be expected from "jcomm" 

Steam had a sale a little while ago on their version. Keep an eye out for one of those to happen again in the future and you can pick it up relatively inexpensively.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not sure about 3rd party integration, though.

For those eager to fly with a virtual co-pilot and flight engineer, let it be known that we intend to support the DC-6.

We are well established on the X-Plane platform and already support FF 777, FF 757, JAR A320, JAR A330, SSG 175 & 195, FJS 732, FJS Q400 and FJS 727 (with flight engineer), in addition to all X-Plane default aircraft..

And we won't need SDK either unless you choose to provide one that will make things a breeze.

For those who want to see how it's like to multi-crew aircraft in X-Plane, please be our guests and have a go at the available Demo

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Thank you.

RSR has mentioned in a few different places (though, as memory serves, the latest reference wasn't here on the forum, it's in the PC Pilot article), it will be automated, should you choose that option. I'm not sure about 3rd party integration, though.

That's good to hear. Will make it a little easier while we are first learning the -6. Talking about options, what will you do for a menu? Obviously the DC-6 doesn't have an FMC, so you can't integrate it there like on your other aircraft. Will it be under plugins like the FlightFactor 757, or something else?

As someone who is enjoying X-Plane 10 on a modern computer am looking forward to this especially the automation as in the good old days a single person trying to fly a plane like this on their own would be considered madness,

Do you use SASL or GIZMO, or you developed your own plugin? Or it's pure C++?

Wow!!! No new additional pictures of this iconic bird from the beta team.... Well! I'm thinking, this could be considered a good thing; as the team are busy testing....

What a Lovely representation of a iconic Classic. Looking forward to putting her into fair skies.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

This thread managed to get into page 3 - I'm surprised. Time to kick it alive again. Anyway, Kyle has uploaded a preview video of the DC-6 running on X-Plane on YouTube - thanks, Kyle.

http://youtu.be/HXnUEjgKfcU

I like how he details the little town down below - and then he says, "I kid you not, this is free scenery." I couldn't make out one thing though - the "rattling and vibrating dials as the radial engines vibrate" - or is that an effect of YouTube compression?

Edit: I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to embed the video in my post - so I just pasted the link.

I couldn't make out one thing though - the "rattling and vibrating dials as the radial engines vibrate" - or is that an effect of YouTube compression?

Big radials have a tendency to create a lot of vibration at certain power settings. Cruise power isn't usually one of those moments (cruise being one of the longest segments of a flight, flying would be miserable otherwise), but there is a little bit of vibration absorbed and translated to the panel/gauges. When power is reduced to descend, it becomes more pronounced, and even more on landing rollout.

Kyle Rodgers

If I need to manage the mixture levers with the mouse, there is a way to move all togheter or do I need to adjust one by one? An error here can be dangerous. There is a calibrator in this aircraft for the engines or it is made looking at the, hmmmm... "monitors"?

If I need to manage the mixture levers with the mouse

Mixture is generally left in the Auto position so this is not as much of an issue as you'd otherwise expect.

Dan Downs KCRP

Looking very impressive - might be enough to get me back into X-Plane yet again...

Speaking of which - a question for Kyle, with apologies in advance if this information is posted somewhere obvious, but regrettably I'm not finding it. In one of your recent X-Plane-related posts, you referred to a thread you'd used for guidance about how to set it up. Can you provide a link or a pointer to it? Your X-Plane looks better than anything I've been able to achieve on my own, so guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, and sorry about the (mild, I hope) thread hijack.