Sign in to follow this  
IanH1960

Airspeed Indicator (with TAS adjustment) and some others

Am greatly enjoying building up a touchscreen panel for a single engine GA with the software...

See image - bffsimulation.com/Files3/Image1.jpg

Can I ask a couple of questions..

In the settings for the Airspeed Indicator (with TAS) gauge I am not able to change the max speed value from its default 180 knots. I can change all the other adjustable settings for the gauge. Is there something I need to do to allow the max speed value to be changed?

Although I can find elevator and rudder trim indicators I can't see one for aileron, although I have seen it referenced in the docs. Is aileron trim available?

Do you have an ETA for your new switches addon?

A couple of small suggestions - when a panel is edited the previous custom sizes for the background image are reset to default. It would be helpful if the edit window would display the existing custom sizes to make it easier to make small adjustments to fit the image properly to the screen.

Also the night mode for the gauges is a nice feature. It would be helpful to be able to specify a night version of the background image also, so that the overall panel looks better when it switches between day and night.

Many thanks....

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Airspeed Indicator with TAS is currently fixed to 180 Knots. This has to do mainly with the TAS scale, which is a bit difficult to handle when changing the max speed. We are looking for a way to do this though for one of our next updates.

We never had an Aileron Trim Indicator (what document did you see this referenced?). We'll add one for the next update.

The switches Add-On is basically finished. We might be releasing it as a 'free' add-on.

Thanks for reporting the issue with custom size. Will be fixed.

We have a new night mode already in planning that will include the background as well. Too early to tell you more.

Thanks...

I'll probably switch to the simpler air speed indicator for the time being then, and look out for your future fix.

The aileron trim indicator reference in the documenation is a bit indirect right enough - in the Offset Config area of the SimPlugins FSUIPC app there's an offset referenced for aileron trim (XAIL) along with the elev and rudder offsets. I assumed that meant it was active and there was an Ail trim indicator somwhere. But okay I'll do without it.

Okay, look forward to seeing the switches addon.... and your new night mode.

OK, I see what you mean. I think there is a aileron trim indicator in one of the instrument add-ons. But I'll add one to the standard set as well.