Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

SimConnect and Windows 8.1 Pro

I am trying to get ActiveSky Next working with FSX Steam Edition.  (SE)  I think I have the correct version installed on the Client. However I am using Windows 8.1 Pro. 

The SimConnect and ASN documentation refers to copying the SimConnect.cfg file (once configured with IP address etc) to the MyDocuments folder, however Windows 8.1 Pro uses a Documents folder to where I copied it.  ASN has passed all of the tests in terms of mapping to the FSX and Flight Simulator X Files folders.

Currently when I lauch FSX on the server, and ASN on the client, ASN sits there and says waiting to connect.  I may need to enalble logging.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Put the SimConnect.cfg file in the same folder as the ASN executable file.

Active Sky Next support indicates to remove the SimConnect.cfg from the ASN folder where the ASN Executable exists and make sure it DOESN'T.  I think the issue is with Windows 8.1 Pro. 

Finally, make sure you create specific exclusion rules for the SimConnect port (500), ASN radar port (19284) in your firewall. 

I am not certain I have to open up these ports in my router??  I would think not. Both windows firewalls are turned off!

I think another issue I am having is maybe the FSX SE simconnect.dll is a different version than the Client computer with ASN.

I am not sure if I can just replace the SimConnect.dll with the same version as the SimConnect.dll on the Client computer.

Thanks!