Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

[P3D] Where did 2GBs + of my VAS go?

I just want to note that is with the DX10 Fixer installed, which has decreased my VAS about 0.5 GB on average across all phases of flight.

oh you have Steves fixer.....lol My post was dedicated to P3D. Thanks anyways though Daniel!

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

THe only issue LM needs fixing in any update is VAS

The only work add-on devs need to do now is optimise textures for existing add-ons to reduce VAS

Other than that , I no longer buy any new shiny products advertising enough great graphics to evaporate my VAS.

This community does not need new products till this obvious issue is fixed

That reminds me to ensure to install Elite Dangerous, a modern application for a modern machine

Anybody looking to run FSX P3D now just needs an old ATARI, youll never run out VAS trust me

Pls stop buying modern pc for this VAS limited show, its a waste, till LM fix VAS

This community does not need new products till this obvious issue is fixed

OK, so no more new FSX products ever then?

Anybody looking to run FSX P3D now just needs an old ATARI, youll never run out VAS trust me

Good luck with that.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Unless you're flying online, VAS shouldn't be an issue with PMDG's 737 or 777: simply save your flight during cruise and restart. PMDG's brilliant panel save function means all you have to do is use the standard P3D flight/scenario save function, close P3D, and then load up your flight. You'll find that a lot of the VAS from your departure--especially a heavy payware airport--will have been shed.

That being the case, slam all of your settings back to the right and enjoy.

Pls stop buying modern pc for this VAS limited show, its a waste, till LM fix VAS

Hear Hear!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Memory that isn't released when no longer needed is a memory leak by definition. But that's usually an FSX problem, not a 777 one.

Agreed, but if it's not a 777 problem, it isn't the 777 that's leaking. The post being in a 777 forum alludes to the blame being placed here, when in fact, it shouldn't.

Kyle Rodgers

but if it's not a 777 problem, it isn't the 777 that's leaking

Yes I know. I now realise I misread your post, sorry about that.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I know there are a lot of VAS topics started in the forum about the T7 but it was in my interest to start a fresh one because the others are not FULLY quite my question/comments  B)

I am currently at CRZ (FL360) after leaving a default airport (Perth) with normal autogen and normal complexity..I only have FTX Global Base 1.3 installed and all my Vector entries are unchecked in my scenery library a long with all airports except the one I am flying into (as always when flying the T7).

I left the airport with about 1.6GBs remaining and all was good...half way into my journey now, I have less than half of that.

**warning big picture**

http://i.imgur.com/EycHfVy.jpgre

I am flying into Flytampa's Athens and I could be possibly hit with an OOM and all I have are default everything expect Global and the T7.

From take-off to CRZ in the middle of Saudi Arabia where it is literally all dessert how can I leak almost 1GB - 9hrs in? I thought I loaded almost everything in Perth.

Can someone break down why it keeps going less and less and less.....I have BELOW moderate settings, and I'm on a good system as well (4790k@4.6 & GTX980).

I have more then compensated my sliders/scenery to just fly this thing without always having to worry about an OOM. I never would of thought being almost all default would ever still risk getting slammed with an OOM.

comments, questions, concerns gentlemen?

We had a 777 update recently (may 2015) that (amoungst other things) fixed a memory leak caused by a the navdata that the 777 was using for approach/missed approach.

Not sure if that was an P3D problem and update as well.....but are you using the latest 777 version?

Did you try other flights?

Do you have OOMs only on this flight or wherever you fly?

Rob Robson

Am I the only one that has noticed that on every single OOM thread on this forum, the user ALWAYS has ORBX FTX Global installed?

I have never seen someone complaining about an OOM who doesn't have ORBX FTX Global installed. Yes I know it might make the sim look worse, but I don't really care how it looks at >FL280.

I might be wrong but I'm just stating what I've observed from personal experience.

Regards,

i didnt like it at all, but i removed the external model of the 777 just to gain the vas, due to whatever is going on,i flew the airbus with the same vas problem, so something seems to be going on in p3d

The problem is not really the 777, its p3d. The VAS usage sucks. The only way to really complete long flights is to save and restart on descent. I have p3d and fsx-se installed and I only use p3d for GA flying. FSX-SE handles vas much better and you wont have to worry about oom, because memory actually gets released when you leave the airport.

Pierre Walker

Am I the only one that has noticed that on every single OOM thread on this forum, the user ALWAYS has ORBX FTX Global installed?

FTX Global doesn't make any difference as its just texture replacements and the textures are the same size as the default textures.

What does make a difference is FTX Vector if you have too many options check, especially when it comes to roads. Even UTX can cause VAS issues if you have too many of the smaller roads and streams checked.

Whether you use FTX Global, GEX, or default textures, they all consume the same amount of memory. Other programs that insert vector data like UTX or Vector can consume lots of VAS depending on your settings, and of course those folks who run large cloud and water textures in the 2048 or 4096 variety can have VAS issues.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I can confirm that....I use UTX and if I leave all options on (small (rural) roads and rivers, enormous amounts of small bridges, golf courses, parks, etc) then I get OOMs with the 777.

Turning those features off and only leaving important (to me) things on, like normal roads and highways, medium and large size lakes, coast lines, rail roads......gives me enough free VAS to fly anywhere. Including payware airports!

Glad I am not in P3D.....I had nomidea it is terrible at VAS handling.

Rob Robson