Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

When a simulator sends shivers down your spine...you finally know you have arrived!

XPlane 10.40b3, SkyMaxx Pro, SoundMaxx v1.0, LUA RTM (custom setting 1)

Freeware Eclipse 550 v2.0

Weather set to Real Weather Download mode.

Heading out of Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, to eventually land at CYYZ, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, in real time flight.

Just took off about 15 minutes ago...at a time where dawn is just breaking...and onward.

Real weather...low cloud layer...high humidity, and a most intimate feel between the plane rising through and over the solid cloud base, overhanging Moncton, until break out...and dawn just showing itself...fabulous...

Folks...the visuals, as I climbed and vectored via my FMC and entered flight plan, this morning...was so real to my mind, that I really did experience a shiver of delight, right down to the base of the spine.  This visage, is downright beautiful to behold upon my monitor, and the simply UNMATCHED HDR mode that XPX.x renders, I could only cry for, to be in my other sims.  The word; spectacular, doesn't really convey, how Laminar's HDR solution, lights up objects at taxi...the airfield...the way it puts really, believable halos around light emitting fixtures...no other sim engine can match this. 

Here's my flight in progress out of Moncton...first being vectored along the coast by the Atlantic. Simply spectacular...and Laminar..I truly am, from this moment on...and not ashamed to state it....a Laminar XPlane 'groupie' and most dedicated user.  

When a simulation flight can so physically affect you...YOU KNOW, the mind accepts the view as real world. Today, this early morning flight in the most favored Eclipse v2.0 accomplished just that. Now, as I climb out to cruise FL....I wish everybody a good Saturday morning!  Enjoy the day, (or night for those not around the Great Lakes, North America)! In that case...good evening, and cheers!

Crank up your brightness settings to actually see anything...early dawn, ya know!

Eclipse_12.png

Eclipse_6.png

Eclipse_8.png

Eclipse_9.png

Eclipse_7.png
Eclipse_14.png

Folks...the visuals, as I climbed and vectored via my FMC and entered flight plan, this morning...was so real to my mind, that I really did experience a shiver of delight, right down to the base of the spine.  This visage, is downright beautiful to behold upon my monitor, and the simply UNMATCHED HDR mode that XPX.x renders, I could only cry for, to be in my other sims.  The word; spectacular, doesn't really convey, how Laminar's HDR solution, lights up objects at taxi...the airfield...the way it puts really, believable halos around light emitting fixtures...no other sim engine can match this. 

Mitch, stop drinking and go to bed  :lol:

As per usual Mitch beautifully done and described, great pics  B)

Mitch, stop drinking and go to bed  :lol:

As per usual Mitch beautifully done and described, great pics  B)

Thanks Elaine...and oh...you must have a crystal ball....on my second cup of coffee from the galley...:)

Cheers, and good morning/evening!

Mitch'er

Nice pix - but the rising sun reveals one of the reasons I just can't take X-Plane... that "crowd" of clouds that follows your aircraft around.

Much more convincing before the lights came on...

They actually change quite a bit, from few to dense, from miles out...to just around you...totally dynamic.

Nice shots.

nebojsa

Can you share your skymaxx pro settings please?

Sure can...and here is what I keep it set 'n forget at:

Eclipse_39.png

Nice shots.

nebojsa

Thanks, Jat :)

Beautiful sunrise lighting!.....Love the bird!

HLJAMES

They actually change quite a bit, from few to dense, from miles out...to just around you...totally dynamic.

So I've heard/read. Never seen, though. I see a screenshot here and there, but nothing that seems to avoid being able to have a mass of clouds following the aircraft around.

My experience has been what you see in the screenshots above where the plane is above one of those groups.

Then, some things seem to be very challenging for sims in general, such as broken or overcast layers.

Beautiful shots Mitch.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.