Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

As an actively updated, and current flight sim, this one is King of the FPS performance!

Great pictures, Mitch, as usual. Laminar Research should hire you for their marketing department - you'd rake in the dollars!

Jokes aside, my system is *slightly* weaker than yours - an overclocked 860M with 2 GB VRAM. Yet I get really low frame rates, with settings very similar to yours. I do not use SkyMaxx - could that be a reason? I tried it, but I couldn't stand the rotating balls of clouds that followed my plane as I moved through - it reminded me of XP9. And somehow the clouds became really low-res as I passed through.

What other visual add-ons do you use, besides SkyMaxx, W2XP?

Uh..let's see...I run with SkyMaxx Pro, SoundMaxx, all continent SimHeaven W2XP scenery files, Andras's HD and UHD (always loaded) mesh, LUA scripts for a number of things...but mostly R(eal) T(erra) H(aze--RTH for haze and atmospherics...humidity, etc... run by the LUA engine you need to download first.

Beyond that.. well a stuffed Custom Scenery of basically..er...everything, LOL!

Cheers!

What happened to my sim...????

Well....I just upgraded my TEST version of X-plane to 10.40b3 (I always keep two versions, one that runs stable in my Sim and another one for testing purposes).

I was so exited about your posting here that I had to see it myself, and I must admit it is quite a change, woooow.

I made a testflight around KSEA and framerates are better (more solid around the 30's), seems that the landscape looks better and those default airports included in this release are great too more houses etc. I didn't chage any setting compare with version 10.36, only updated.

I didn't use SkyMaxx yet, will be the next step to install it into this test version as well. Seems also that framerates at night are much higher....

I saw the occasional stutter though, but maybe I have to switch ON extended dsf's.......

Need to do much more testing but this really looks promising I must say.

Will report back when I installed and tested SkyMaxx pro.

Have fun Lizz...!  Go get 'em!

Mitch

This thread is referring to XPX.40-b3, and beta v3 only....beta 4 has compromised performance parameters, at least on my system, with freezes and stutter episodes.

Thank you.

The O.P.

Not everyone is having freezes and stutters with b4.  If you can duplicate the conditions, please turn in a bug report.  Almost all previous problems were individual hardware issues, not code according to Ben.  b4 works like a charm on my system.

Not everyone is having freezes and stutters with b4.  If you can duplicate the conditions, please turn in a bug report.  Almost all previous problems were individual hardware issues, not code according to Ben.  b4 works like a charm on my system.

I envy you then :)

B3 was flawless. Not one problem, and massive performance. I guess that is the nature of beta's....

b4 is way smoother for me

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Your always happy, so I am not sure if I can trust you.

I am enjoying but without HDR. I can hold 36, but with HDR lucky if I get 20, plus the AA sucks in my opinion. Have a 760 with 4 gig, and the vram usage is only 1.2, so not sure. Plus running OC @ 4.8 i7 2600k

Your always happy, so I am not sure if I can trust you.

I am enjoying but without HDR. I can hold 36, but with HDR lucky if I get 20, plus the AA sucks in my opinion. Have a 760 with 4 gig, and the vram usage is only 1.2, so not sure. Plus running OC @ 4.8 i7 2600k

With .b3, I had a HELD 29-30 FPS, now, mostly (with .b4) at 17-18, with run-ups (up and down, up and down) to 29 FPS. In downloading .b4, over .b3, all areas of performance in XP has tanked.  No..not happy, but it is a beta version, and Ben is going to teak and twack. I just wish I could get my hands back on a .b3 copy...oh do I!  

BTW, I have not changed one setting from between .b3, to overwriting it, with .b4...so this is apples to apples. Nothing was changed, but overwriting .b3.

Yes..I hope .b5 brings me back what I lost by going to .b4.  And, yes...understood, this is beta...and a box of chocolates...

With .b3, I had a HELD 29-30 FPS, now, mostly (with .b4) at 17-18, with run-ups (up and down, up and down) to 29 FPS. In downloading .b4, over .b3, all areas of performance in XP has tanked.  No..not happy, but it is a beta version, and Ben is going to teak and twack. I just wish I could get my hands back on a .b3 copy...oh do I!  

BTW, I have not changed one setting from between .b3, to overwriting it, with .b4...so this is apples to apples. Nothing was changed, but overwriting .b3.

Yes..I hope .b5 brings me back what I lost by going to .b4.  And, yes...understood, this is beta...and a box of chocolates...

Same here. I will wait for b5.

Thanks Mitch!

Thanks

Bob

Same here. I will wait for b5.

Thanks Mitch!

Thanks

Bob

OH Jeez...if you have .b3, Bob...hang TIGHT!  Make a back-up..seriously...for archive, and just KEEP IT, even though other .b(x)'s are coming down the line.  That .b3 is simply liquid magic, you lucky chap!  Then, if you write .b3 over with .b5...and don't think it improves over .b3...well...you have options, that I no longer have.  Lucky man...

.b4 issues are eradicated with downloading .b5

Back to stellar performance, once more...as well as the spot-view mouse zoom working as normal.