Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

REX 50% off Sale

you would have been better off picking  rex4  with soft clouds combined if  you havnt  got rex4  that is

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

They put up a big AMEX logo and after you put in your credit card data they say they don't accept American Express????

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

this product has been so overly complicated for so long now with all the different versions being sold that even at 50% off im feeling that I have no patience for it TBH...

...REX4, REX Essential, REX Essential + OD, REX4 + HD, bla bla bla...and each page is half a mile long to read.

So which one is newer, and is one considered much better than the other as far as the look of the water?..also, do i really need the soft clouds thing? why?

Thought it  was quite easy, you either purchase  while its on sale or  don't  bother  about it quite simple really

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

this product has been so overly complicated for so long now with all the different versions being sold that even at 50% off im feeling that I have no patience for it TBH...

...REX4, REX Essential, REX Essential + OD, REX4 + HD, bla bla bla...and each page is half a mile long to read.

So which one is newer, and is one considered much better than the other as far as the look of the water?..also, do i really need the soft clouds thing? why?

Buy their REX4 with Soft Clouds at 50% off. The textures and soft clouds are excellent. The textures are installed FAST!!! It's their latest and greatest. As I stated, it a real bargain.

If you want the best real weather generator, go for ASN. It's the best, and it's also on sale.

You can familiarize yourself with these addons by watching some YouTube videos.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I dont need a weather engine as I already have ASN. I'll assume that REX4 is the most recent version and that Essential is older. Everything is 50% off there regardless.

Why do you feel the soft cloud product is necessary? Are the cloud textures in REX4 not good enough? I mean first you're paying for cloud textures in REX and then you're paying again for more cloud textures in soft clouds, no? I think I just answered my own question...if you need so many options then for me it only means that none of them are so great to begin with, heh. Yea I know, different tastes but come on.

What's more important to me are the water replacement textures/colors...are there any opinions regarding which REX product has the most realistic looking ocean water?

I dont need a weather engine as I already have ASN. I'll assume that REX4 is the most recent version and that Essential is older. Everything is 50% off there regardless.

Why do you feel the soft cloud product is necessary? Are the cloud textures in REX4 not good enough? I mean first you're paying for cloud textures in REX and then you're paying again for more cloud textures in soft clouds, no? I think I just answered my own question...if you need so many options then for me it only means that none of them are so great to begin with, heh. Yea I know, different tastes but come on.

What's more important to me are the water replacement textures/colors...are there any opinions regarding which REX product has the most realistic looking ocean water?

Have you ever tried developing anything for FSX? I have! It's a lot of work.  Soft Clouds were a payware update that are now 1/2 price and you're wondering if you're being taken for a ride. IMO, soft clouds look better and are worth the full upgrade price. Me, I don't buy based on price and I support the best addon devs. They are the ones keeping FSX alive.

If you're looking for freeware, there's package out there that replaces the sky and clouds as well as fs water configurator that changes the color of the water.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Why do you feel the soft cloud product is necessary? Are the cloud textures in REX4 not good enough

Already explained  in the rex forum, in short  rex soft clouds  are for low level  clouds  and  are more  a softer looking   texture

Peter kelberg

I am still on REX V2.0

I had to check, but it seems I have downloaded Essential and essential plus because those were free upgrades they offered.

(I skipped overdrive because like somone else said, bla bla bla....just to confusing and to much to keep track of and to many choises for me to inject into FSX each flight.)

with OpusFSI as my weather engine things look pretty good though and clouds seem soft already.

You guys realy think it would look much much better with REX 4 and soft clouds?

(maybe you have a link to somewhere where they compare screen shots?)

If there are FSX performance gains (like less VAS use) then that would be a good upgrade reason as well.

Rob Robson

You guys realy think it would look much much better with REX 4 and soft clouds?

(maybe you have a link to somewhere where they compare screen shots?)

If there are FSX performance gains (like less VAS use) then that would be a good upgrade reason as well.

With rex4 and soft clouds it will save you a boat load of time loading new textures that alone is worth it - I dont see much of a difference in the texture aspect of it hence my asking Tim when they might do some changes there

Performance wise seems the same - never was an issue with all of them so again time saving is the biggest bang for the buck and soft clouds

Rich Sennett

ok thx.

I actually have not loaded new textures into FSX for a long time because of how long it takes.

Maybe I will update.

Rob Robson

ok thx.

I actually have not loaded new textures into FSX for a long time because of how long it takes.

Maybe I will update.

There is not wait time with rex4 - its instant

Rich Sennett