Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

REX 50% off Sale

I am still on REX V2.0

I had to check, but it seems I have downloaded Essential and essential plus because those were free upgrades they offered.

(I skipped overdrive because like somone else said, bla bla bla....just to confusing and to much to keep track of and to many choises for me to inject into FSX each flight.)

with OpusFSI as my weather engine things look pretty good though and clouds seem soft already.

You guys realy think it would look much much better with REX 4 and soft clouds?

(maybe you have a link to somewhere where they compare screen shots?)

If there are FSX performance gains (like less VAS use) then that would be a good upgrade reason as well.

Maybe I'm a day late and a dollar short, but I'll give you MHO.

REX4 textures are significantly improved over REX E, soft clouds are their best yet, the runway lighting is worth the upgrade price, and the speed is instant. As second after you hit install, it's done!

The only texture that I missed from REX E is the sparkling animation, and that can easily back up and then loaded with REX4. You can also choose what textures to replace via config.

I use Striking's excellent freeware (FS Water Config) to change the colors, ASN (this one has no competition) as my weather generator, and Mogwaisoft Shade.

I'm set for life!  :lol:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have REX E and soft clouds.  Considering REX 4 based on the quick starts etc.  I assume you uninstall REX E since REX 4 is all new textures or is this just another addon with REX E?

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I have REX and I like it. Anyway the udates are really complicated to manage.

I don't have so much time to read 300 posts and search on the current version.

I personally dislike softwares sold piece by piece.

When the new REX4 will be out and sold together with soft clouds in only one complete package I will evenutally consider purchase.

Overdrive, superdrive, superplus, extradrive or whatever they will call it.

I have REX E and soft clouds.  Considering REX 4 based on the quick starts etc.  I assume you uninstall REX E since REX 4 is all new textures or is this just another addon with REX E?

Yes uninstall  - its a must

Rich Sennett

Yes uninstall  - its a must

WRONG!

I have REX and I like it. Anyway the udates are really complicated to manage.

I don't have so much time to read 300 posts and search on the current version.

I personally dislike softwares sold piece by piece.

When the new REX4 will be out and sold together with soft clouds in only one complete package I will evenutally consider purchase.

Overdrive, superdrive, superplus, extradrive or whatever they will call it.

They do its here

http://www.fspilotshop.com/rex-rex4-texture-direct-with-rex-soft-clouds-p-5384.html

Rich Sennett

They are two separate programs. They can be used together, but after you install REX4 + Soft Clouds you will probably delete REX E. The weather generator in REX E is ok..

WRONG!

Yup you are right forgot you can mix and match - still a sleep here

Rich Sennett

Yup you are right forgot you can mix and match - still a sleep here

No problem mi amigo. It's nothing that some good coffee won't fix.  B)

No problem mi amigo. It's nothing that some good coffee won't fix.  B)

For sure Buddy

Rich Sennett

Rich, I sure am glad you woke up.  So I will go ahead and install REX 4.  I now have two REX E and 4 and even soft clouds. Guess I can use either one and soft clouds. (?)

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Rich, I sure am glad you woke up.  So I will go ahead and install REX 4.  I now have two REX E and 4 and even soft clouds. Guess I can use either one and soft clouds. (?)

Yes you can Carl as each program will just overwrite the the last textures you installed - so good to go :) keep in mind you have to remember or write down what you installed last with rex4 which is not convenient 

Rich Sennett

thanks, Rich. 

Carl

So if I understand this correctly, "Rex4 Texture direct" is "only" textures? I can use this in conjunction with ASN, right? Thinking about getting the texture sets. Is it worth it?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

So if I understand this correctly, "Rex4 Texture direct" is "only" textures? I can use this in conjunction with ASN, right? Thinking about getting the texture sets. Is it worth it?

Yes and Yes

Rich Sennett