Sign in to follow this  
Old_As_Dirt

10-40 b4 available

Mitch wants to go back to the previous beta version.

Not sure if that can be done.. Sorry for mis-info..

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Pivot, your info was correct. As you said I don't think it's possible to do what Mitch wants to do.

NAX669.png

Hopefully Laminar will get a fix out soon.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Mitch wants to go back to the previous beta version.

Correct....   .b3

I would hope that Ben would perhaps set up a 24 hour roll-back to .b3, as that was the best version of any XP, that I have ever ran...stellar performance, and no stutter.  I don't know what he did, going from b3 to b4...but now..I have a 33 percent drop in FPS performance, stutter and 5 second freezing, and a broken mouse zoom function in spot view. b4 is a disaster!

Correct....   .b3

I would hope that Ben would perhaps set up a 24 hour roll-back to .b3, as that was the best version of any XP, that I have ever ran...stellar performance, and no stutter.  I don't know what he did, going from b3 to b4...but now..I have a 33 percent drop in FPS performance, stutter and 5 second freezing, and a broken mouse zoom function in spot view. b4 is a disaster!

You can't go back.... but that's BETA , it's un-stable , and you should expect that (doesn't mean it's OK , it needs to be fixed)

But you should file a BUG report.

Mouse wheel zoom will be fixed in Beta5 acoording to release notes , try it maybe you'll have a magic performance increase again :-)

You can't go back.... but that's BETA , it's un-stable , and you should expect that (doesn't mean it's OK , it needs to be fixed)

But you should file a BUG report.

Mouse wheel zoom will be fixed in Beta5 acoording to release notes , try it maybe you'll have a magic performance increase again :-)

Yes...you're right about BETA, "Beta is like a box of chocolates"....but, I sure wish Ben would allow a download that would have those that want to run with .b3, to be allowed to go back to it.  It was the best running XPlane, that I have ever had installed upon my system.  I now have roaming and constantly roaming FPS between 18-29, the zoom as you mention, and pause and sometimes, five second freezes when scenery or clouds are getting loaded. It now takes a dog's age to initially load in the same scenery load, that was only about 45-60 seconds with .b3.  Honeslty, no-one can convince me, that 'this is my system issues', and not the .b4 coding changed from .b3 that is creating this.  My system, is not touched from .b3-.b4. I had NONE of these issues with .b3...none....it was smooth in all areas. I'd greatly appreciate a chance to reload the files that comprised .b3.  Truly....   Again...yes..this is Beta, but am I kicking myself for not backing up from one beta download to the next.  Kicking myself hard....

Mitch

And they say that having the Steam version, and not being able to access the latest beta builds, is a bad thing?  ^_^   I'm only joking of course; having you all willing to be beta testers and finding out the things that work and being able to report the flaws and bugs makes life better for all of us in the long run!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I sure wish Ben would allow...

Allowing rollbacks might impede the beta process because users having issues might report their bugs, roll back, and not be able or willing to reproduce the problems if Laminar requires them to do so.

I'm not going to kick you any more than you've kicked yourself, but alas - the best way to overcome this issue is indeed to cut a copy before each beta release so if things go haywire, you can at least you would have 10.40b3 to enjoy and 10.40b4 to help with any bug report follow ups.

At the very least - if 10.40b3 was the best running X-Plane ever on your system, maybe you've got something to look forward to with b5 and beyond...

Hang tight.

Yes...you're right about BETA, "Beta is like a box of chocolates"....but, I sure wish Ben would allow a download that would have those that want to run with .b3, to be allowed to go back to it.  It was the best running XPlane, that I have ever had installed upon my system.  I now have roaming and constantly roaming FPS between 18-29, the zoom as you mention, and pause and sometimes, five second freezes when scenery or clouds are getting loaded. It now takes a dog's age to initially load in the same scenery load, that was only about 45-60 seconds with .b3.  Honeslty, no-one can convince me, that 'this is my system issues', and not the .b4 coding changed from .b3 that is creating this.  My system, is not touched from .b3-.b4. I had NONE of these issues with .b3...none....it was smooth in all areas. I'd greatly appreciate a chance to reload the files that comprised .b3.  Truly....   Again...yes..this is Beta, but am I kicking myself for not backing up from one beta download to the next.  Kicking myself hard....

Mitch

If you see reproducible FPS loss between 10.36 and 10.40, please set yourself up with identical setups and if you can still see the loss, report a bug. Since beta 3 we had several performance-loss bugs, but most of them were unreproducible.

This is from the last post in the blog , so Ben is aware of this.

However , as you can see they need more information...

Allowing rollbacks might impede the beta process because users having issues might report their bugs, roll back, and not be able or willing to reproduce the problems if Laminar requires them to do so.

I'm not going to kick you any more than you've kicked yourself, but alas - the best way to overcome this issue is indeed to cut a copy before each beta release so if things go haywire, you can at least you would have 10.40b3 to enjoy and 10.40b4 to help with any bug report follow ups.

At the very least - if 10.40b3 was the best running X-Plane ever on your system, maybe you've got something to look forward to with b5 and beyond...

Hang tight.

Right, in all you say. I just could have made a copy of the files that get changed. My problem, for sure. Believe me...I'm am NOT trashing x.40...not on your life, but to have had a spectacular install slip through my fingers...dang!  Not to be repeated...LOL!  I'll hang tight..and hope I get back everything I lost from .b3 with .b5 and onward.

Cheers!

Mitch'er

This is from the last post in the blog , so Ben is aware of this.

However , as you can see they need more information...

Thanks M...yeppers...read that...and sent a report.  I'm sure that Ben also sneaks upon this forum...just doesn't want people to know about it officially...;)

How I read that...is that it is/was a problem...and that others are clearly showing a loss of performance, and other itches....like mouse zoom in spot view no longer working. I wonder though...how did that slip out in the beta....are not beta's...beta'ized by Laminar before slipping it out the door for others to use/critique?  I wonder...this bug is pretty obvious.

And they say that having the Steam version, and not being able to access the latest beta builds, is a bad thing?  ^_^   I'm only joking of course; having you all willing to be beta testers and finding out the things that work and being able to report the flaws and bugs makes life better for all of us in the long run!

Well Jimmy...I'd much rather be in the Beta pathway...and enjoy what DOES work within beta parameters..than not.  Why I am so bummed out (at myself...totally...) is that I SHOULD have taken each 'snap shot' from my XP folder, before applying the next beta level. I have never done that, because quite frankly, there has never been the 'Holy Grail' of beta's, or series, like what happened, when I downloaded XPX.40b3.  That was incredible...roof-banging and sustainable FPS, to my locked 30 ceiling....smooth as cream animation...zero pauses for SkyMaxx Pro cloud injection....then...well...enough said....(kick...butt...kick...butt...pull handle...kick more,...butt....learn-for-the-next-time....kick....butt...)  :blink:

That was incredible...roof-banging and sustainable FPS, to my locked 30 ceiling....smooth as cream animation...zero pauses for SkyMaxx Pro cloud injection....then...well...enough said...

Well, hopefully they get things straightened out for the next version.

If you all have been getting increased performance (usually) in these 10.40 beta releases, then I'm excited.  My flight last night right amongst the Rockies from Jasper to Valemont in the DF 407 (my second XP payware, it was on sale the other day at the .org) had me at about 35 - 39 fps steady.  That's with HD mesh and SkyMaxx Pro.  I do have to be careful and a bit conservative with my settings, however, you can sure notice the workload that the HD Mesh creates in that area!  ^_^ 

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I think installing betasmakes you an unpaid tester for the manufacturer. It's a double-edged sword, do you disable the installer to look for betas (aka Steam), and be sure that you have a decently working version? Or do you hear about improvements in a beta, install it, and take your chances as being an unpaid tester?

Neither is right nor wrong, only that one options trades new features earlier for a greater risk of a malfunctioning sim.

Hopefully those of us in the northern hemisphere are able to get outside and enjoy summer and not be encumbered by sim functionality... however I also recognize that not everyone can do that.

Bruce.