Sign in to follow this  
harry250

Anyone had much luck purchasing fsgoogleearthview for fsx

Just found this  FSX google earth app

called : fsgoogleearthview

from

has anyone had any luck buying this software

i sent $8.00 + $15.00 but no reply???????

Edited by Jim Young
links removed

Have you looked at the videos on the link. The fsx side of the split screen looks much better than the GE side. There may be more improvements in the works but for now, I don't see any benefit.

After the google earth plugin web based api stops working this august 2015

( Google earths offical  web api depreciation )

this program has the possiblitly to keep on going !!!

as you fly google earth program v7.0 directly ( not web plugin)  allowing you to still have that lovely 3d imagery displaying on your favourite sim  at  quite a high frame rate aswell 20 - 30fps 

but for now i have to say GEVIEW is still the best 

as it actually " does what it say on the tin"

Advertising is not allow here in this forum.  You can see why.  We have commercial members who must pay for their advertising.  Your comment "has anyone had any luck in buying this software" could be an innocent comment but I'm suspecting that you are trying to get other members to try and purchase the product just to see if they are more successful.  I have no problems with you posting an update to a new product with a link to the product's software.  I have no problems with you informing us of a new product but also linking us to the website and telling us how much you had to pay for it is indirectly advertising and will not be allowed.  I have therefore removed the links you provided in your OP. 

It is all a thin line that I and the moderators here have to face.  We have no idea who you are and who you really represent.  You could be the actual commercial developer of the product.  You could be someone who accidentally ran across this piece of software while surfing the Internet.  If you are a commercial developer, we have various advertising schemes you could use to advertise your product here at AVSIM.  If there is a sale on for your product, you can post details of the ongoing sale for your product in our Bargain Basement Forum.

Apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

hello Jim

I was actually asking only asking if anyone had previously bought the software 

as i believe the trail version is avalible in the avsim libary somewhere  so maybe somepeople had downloaded it and decided to buy it ??

NB

Wasnt trying to ask other members to try to purchase the product inorder to see if they are more successful

just to let you know

thanks

Also Jim

if you search in the avsim file libary

fsgoogleearthview

in the description the links are their aswell !!

is that method allowed ???

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation.  You have changed your story a little.  It 'may' be in the AVSIM Library?  I'm not in charge of the Library.  That's up to the Library Director, DaveO, and his great team who run the AVSIM Library to determine what is contained in freeware that is uploaded to the Library.  I would think that a link to a commercial site would not be allowed in freeware.  I do not think trial versions of payware are allowed in the library too.

As I stated, it is difficult to determine whether you are connected to the commercial product or not and this may be just a free way of getting members to purchase the product.  I opt for the commercial advertising side of things when it is not clear.  We do not allow active links to commercial sites in the signature.  Why should I allow it in your topic?

For additional information about our advertising policies, please read the AVSIM Terms of Service (link in my signature).

If you are a commercial member, please let me know so I can change your status from Member to Commercial Member.  This way our membership will know who they are dealing with when you post.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I feel sorry for the OP and his original concern. I hope he receives his product keys. Sad how he was jumped on and accused of a bunch of stuff.

What was he accused of Jim?  Advertising?  I think your comments are totally out of line and only made to try to embarrass me (which is impossible).  We have a law against advertising in the forums via the ToS.  Individuals can still go and try the product but they don't have a direct link to it.  I am trying to protect our commercial members here who do pay and advertise their products and thus help AVSIM stay alive.  Should our members go to the payware site and purchase the product to see if they had the same problem as the OP?  Me thinks not.  Thanks for your input though.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

OMG, he posted a link to a web site where HE PURCHASED software and HADN'T received a key AFTER 2 days.

Then he asked if ANYONE else had EVER purchased from said web site.

Then he was accused of advertising.

Then he was accused of trying to get others to purchase software.

Then he was accused of being a commercial owner.

All this from a member that had 40 posts up to this point. I think an apology for over-reacting is in order here.

I feel sorry for the OP and his original concern. I hope he receives his product keys. Sad how he was jumped on and accused of a bunch of stuff.

Agree.

Jim, I think you're being disproportionately cautious here, and there is in fact no evidence of the OP being a commercial member, or of being in anyway involved in the mentioned software.   He was simply asking if anyone has had any luck buying it.    If he was involved with the product, it'd hardly be a good advertisement telling everyone on AVSIM that he's sent his money and received nothing!

Also, all I saw Jim (Skorna) doing was speaking up about something that didn't seem right.  (He said what I was thinking, and probably a lot of others).  It takes some courage to do that - especially on AVSIM.   I don't see that he was trying to "embarrass" you or anyone else.

All this from a member that had 40 posts up to this point. I think an apology for over-reacting is in order here.

Again, I have to agree.  This is an ugly thread, and well, we all get it wrong sometimes - even the best of them.  I feel this member has been treated poorly here.

didnt realise this would caUSE SUCH A BIG discussion ??

I still have recieved any contact from the software developer

3 - 4 weeks now

so would have to assume that hes not activily running the software anymore 

i think the blog page and the mainweb site shouldnt be there aswell

but theres also some good freeware stuff there as well

so maybe just take off the fsgoogleearth view program and links accosiated to it

definaly not the software developer  :P

just to add 

i really didnt want anyone to go and try to buy the software  as of this date

just wanted to ask if anyone previously had bought the software and is currently using it  with there

sent payed for reg key

• Like 1

Best of luck trying to get your product resolved. Hope they get back to you soon. If not, try to file a claim with your financial institution. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

it ok as it was only a few $

i really wanted this piece of software          more than the cost of it

If i ever get into trouble i want the Craig and JSkorna to defend me   :rolleyes: