Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Question about default GNS-530

I am new to X-Plane within this last month.  To open the default popup GNS-530, I click on it in the 3-D panel. 

My question: is there a way to close the popup GNS-530 without having to go back and click on it in the 3-D panel?  I have tried clicking on the popup and I can seem to find an easy way to close it.

From thje top menu, select "Settings - Joystick & Equipment."

If you want to assign a keyboard key, then go to the "Keys" tab, and select the key you want on the left. Then on the center column click the "GPS/" button, and on the right-hand column click "G-430 Nav-1 toggle popup". That works to toggle both the 430 and 530.

If you want it on a joystick button, just choose the "Buttons ADV tab," then GPS/ - G-430 Nav-1 toggle popup. I have it on the index finger "fire" button on my joystick, since I don't normally use any weapons in X-Plane.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

From thje top menu, select "Settings - Joystick & Equipment."

If you want to assign a keyboard key, then go to the "Keys" tab, and select the key you want on the left. Then on the center column click the "GPS/" button, and on the right-hand column click "G-430 Nav-1 toggle popup". That works to toggle both the 430 and 530.

If you want it on a joystick button, just choose the "Buttons ADV tab," then GPS/ - G-430 Nav-1 toggle popup. I have it on the index finger "fire" button on my joystick, since I don't normally use any weapons in X-Plane.

Paraffin,

I can't thank you enough for this information.  I would have never guessed that the G-430 options would also apply to the G-530.  This is invaluable info.  Who would have ever guessed this...certainly not me.

My question: is there a way to close the popup GNS-530 without having to go back and click on it in the 3-D panel? 
You can also click in the upper right or upper left corner of the pop-up.  The cursor will change to a "hand", and when you click it will close the window.