Sign in to follow this  

P3D v2.5 HF4 (12946) working well with ASN, Orbx, Virtuali, MyTraffic6 ...

This is with P3D v2.5 12946 (HF4) :

ASN nailed the weather.  Orbx, ASN, MyTraffic, Virtuali ... once updated all seem to be working well with HF4.

Cheers, Rob.

are these things working better with 12946 ?

And what is HF4 ?

al

HF4 = HotFix 4 = build 12946

I don't know what you mean by "working better", can you be more specific?  If you mean performance, they (3rd party add-ons) seem no different to me.

Cheers, Rob.

Hey Rob,

What frame rate limiter are you using - I have almost an identical system like yours.  Are you using the settings posted on your site http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_SLI_Settings.html

I am using NI to frame lock at 35fps and sim at unlimited?  Is that the best option or what else do you recommend?

Also are you using Optimize Part=1 (Default = 0) and GlobalTerrainView=True (default is False)?

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hey Rob,

What frame rate limiter are you using - I have almost an identical system like yours.  Are you using the settings posted on your site http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_SLI_Settings.html

I am using NI to frame lock at 35fps and sim at unlimited?  Is that the best option or what else do you recommend?

Also are you using Optimize Part=1 (Default = 0) and GlobalTerrainView=True (default is False)?

Thanks

Set FFTF=0.01 and then limit frames in the game. 

That tweak basically allows you to lock frames without the normal FPS loss compared to unlimited. 

That's been working really well for me.

This is with P3D v2.5 12946 (HF4)

ASN nailed the weather. Orbx, ASN, MyTraffic, Virtuali ... once updated all seem to be working well with HF4.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob I notice you have a ufo white dot under the plane at about 4 and 4:30 minutes in. ??

gb.

Set FFTF=0.01 and then limit frames in the game. 

That tweak basically allows you to lock frames without the normal FPS loss compared to unlimited. 

That's been working really well for me.

I thought we decided that 0.01 was an out of range value and with this set

the sim would default to using 0.10.

ga.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Rob I notice you have a ufo white dot under the plane at about 4 and 4:30 minutes in.

Oh ... hehe ... that's the mouse arrow (expand to 4K res you'll recognize it).

What frame rate limiter are you using

Vsync is my limiter ... my monitor operates at 30Hz or 60Hz, for flight sim I typically run at 30Hz.

Not using NI.  

The extent of my adjustments are:

[TERRAIN]

UseGlobalTerrainView=True

[Weather]

OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=1

[Display]

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.4
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4 
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.4 
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.4 

[sIM]
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

I don't use FFTF setting.  The rest of the settings are at the end of my video including NVCP.  Not using NI in this video and typically don't use NI.

I haven't really noticed any difference using OPTIMIZE_PARTS or OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS but I leave them enabled as they don't seem to have a negative affect.

This is with SLI enabled so some of the FX don't render correctly ... for example the PrecipitFX wing effects (vorticies/condenstation).  Hopefully those get addressed in either an nVidia update or LM's v3.0.

Primary object was to show everything working in HF4 with updates from my various add-ons that I know many other use also.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob I notice you have a ufo white dot under the plane at about 4 and 4:30 minutes in. ??

gb.

I thought we decided that 0.01 was an out of range value and with this set

the sim would default to using 0.10.

ga.

Use 0.10 then. It's the same result either way. 

All it's doing is reducing the locked frames texture loading to what unlimited does. So you can lock frames with no framerate loss compared to unlimited. 

If you start to step it up, say to 0.15 or 0.20 you can see the linear fashion in which you begin to lose frames compared to unlimited. 

Great video I'm back to ASN - Opus takes to long to load weather and ASN is instant

Rich Sennett

Oh ... hehe ... that's the mouse arrow (expand to 4K res you'll recognize it).

Thanks, looks like a small ball on the ipad here.

Have you tried FSFX packages 777 Immersion with that plane?

gb/

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks, looks like a small ball on the ipad here.

Have you tried FSFX packages 777 Immersion with that plane?

gb/

I think that was an ai plane in the background as the running lights blinked also He is running 777 immersion in the video - A320 is just around the corner no brainer

Rich Sennett

Vsync is my limiter ... my monitor operates at 30Hz or 60Hz, for flight sim I typically run at 30Hz.

Not using NI.

skywolf, on 27 Jun 2015 - 6:12 PM, said:

The extent of my adjustments are:

[TERRAIN]

UseGlobalTerrainView=True

[Weather]

OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=1

[Display]
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.4
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.4
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.4

[sIM]
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

I don't use FFTF setting. The rest of the settings are at the end of my video including NVCP. Not using NI in this video and typically don't use NI.

Thanks Rob, I really appreciate it

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

What about the GTN 750/650 from Flight1 AT?

I'm still on the first version of P3D 2.5 because I upgraded once to a hotfix and fps sank through the floor :-( I'm a little bit weary now...

I guess I am totally confused by this Hotfix 4. What exactly is it supposed to fix, and how many users had the exact problem that was fixed? My P3D seems fine, no issues at all, so I don't see the point in installing Hot Fix 4  if there is either a potential that it breaks something that isn't broken now, or requires that I download other beta fixes for different add on's that I have now that wind up broken by installing  Hot Fix 4.  I have a gaming friend and he belongs to the club " Keep fixing it until it breaks" That club is not for me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310