Sign in to follow this  
BrettT

Strange Panel Builder Problem

I just recently started playing around with a panel config that would have me turn dials or click on radio buttons, etc.

When I click on the dial or button all of the other gauges/devices disappear with the exception of the one I clicked on.

I am running windows 7 64 bit and Prepa3d 2.5  Both the panel builder an the interface are the latest versions and I am running Net framework 4.5.1

My system uses 2 monitors with monitor #1 being my panel builder monitor and #2 the main view port.  Monitor #2 is considered my primary monitor by my system. 

I have panel builder setup to use one monitor only though the problem still happened when using the full desktop. 

I can get the gauges to stay visible if I run in window mode but this creates another problem where there is no background to the gauges and I see the windows screen behind it.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett

Partial fix-

By selecting the number 2 display for panel builder it works fine in window mode by having the correct background.   Apparently windows and pane builder are confused as to which monitor is #1 and which is #2.

The problem still exists when running in full screen where if I click on a dial or button the rest of the gauges disappear and my selected background is replaced with black.  If I click on a gauge inside panel builder it looks fine until I click in the P3D window again at which point just the single gauge is visible again.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You are correct, the issue is with Prepar3D (and FSX). When running in full screen mode, it will take over all monitors that are part of your desktop. But X-Plane for example limits it full screen mode to the actual monitor it is on.

So the solution is:

- For Prepar3D and FSX you need to run in window mode if you have 1 computer with 2 monitors.

- If you have 2 network computers (one for the sim the other for instruments), you can run in full screen mode

- X-Plane can run in full screen, no limitation.