Sign in to follow this  
kxiao

Aerosoft AES Question

After a 9 month hiatus from flightsimming, I've begun to get back into things. I have GEX and UTX, but now I want higher quality detail in my airports. I really liked the FSDreamTeam set (in terms of the quality as well as the list of available airports). While researching, I came across Aerosoft's AES. I don't understand how AES can offer airports at such low prices. Do they have watered down versions of the airports? Can someone please explain to me the difference between AES airports and standalone airports.

After a 9 month hiatus from flightsimming, I've begun to get back into things. I have GEX and UTX, but now I want higher quality detail in my airports. I really liked the FSDreamTeam set (in terms of the quality as well as the list of available airports). While researching, I came across Aerosoft's AES. I don't understand how AES can offer airports at such low prices. Do they have watered down versions of the airports? Can someone please explain to me the difference between AES airports and standalone airports.

AES doesn't offer any airports whatsoever. Read the description:

"Airport Enhancement Services (AES) - Buy 10 credits for AES. Airport Enhancement Services is a set of modules that runs INSIDE FSX and FS2004 and that will change the way how you will experience your airports."

AES adds follow me to gate, pushback, fuelling, luggage loaders and other airport vehicles servicing your aircraft. 

AES is similar to GSX which offers the same sorts of services, but whereas GSX is rather generic, not being specifically tailored for each airport, AES has modules specifically designed for each airport it supports. GSX's advatage is that it works with all airports, AES's advantage is that its vehicles more closely follow the correct paths on the ground . But because each supported airport needs work done to provide those services, AES costs something for each one.

Unfortunately AES doesn't work with FSX-SE yet.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thanks for the clarification, I totally overlooked that part of the product description. 

I took the plunge and totally dumped FSX Boxed. Cleared the gegistry and everything. Did a clean install of FSX Steam, and everything is loading with no issues. Until I came to AES. I get the error message that SP2 must be installed. As far as I know,Steam loads with SP2. Is there something I am missing, or do we need to wait for AES update? Thanks

Steve Sumner

AES is not compatible with FSX:SE. The person who wrote the original file is not longer around and Oliver is having considerable difficulties with a new one.

It's quite possible that AES will never be compatible with FSX:SE.

PS. I suggest you change your 'handle' to one that doesn't include your email address.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Too bad. I'm out a considerable amount of money spent for credits.

GSX right now is the best bang for the buck for ground services. It handles fuel, baggage and passenger loading, catering, as well as push back, for all airports and aircraft, and also has customizable  features. FS2Crew is also working on there own ground service utility, (UGCX) but that one will not be as feature rich, and will at first focus on push back only. It is claimed though  that it will use more realistic procedures, and will directly interface with their other FS2Crew products, via VOICE commands. The jury is still out since it hasn't been released yet, but they do have a pretty good track record with their other products, so at this point there's no reason to doubt their claims.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I have GSX,and is an excellent product. Can the jet ways be tweeked to properly line up with door ways? The jet ways in GSX also also sink into the pavement when moving into position, as well as cut off the fusilage before stopping. Is GSX customizable in this way? Thanks  S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

Would be nice if we could re-sell all our old credits to people still using fsx that want to use aes. I have over $200 sunk into AES that I wont use anymore

Jetways are a bug with default jetways some developers have programmed better logic so they do not sink in.

I have GSX,and is an excellent product. Can the jet ways be tweeked to properly line up with door ways? The jet ways in GSX also also sink into the pavement when moving into position, as well as cut off the fusilage before stopping. Is GSX customizable in this way? Thanks  S. Sumner

GSX does nothing with jet ways, what you are seeing is the behavior of FSX default jetway system. FSDT (and a couple of other developers) for their own airport addon scenery customizes them somewhat to avoid some of these issues.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

FSDT is currently working with SODE to integrate custom jetway animation and placement into GSX and scenery usage.

See their forum for more details.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator