Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

PMDG DC3!

Per Rob Randazzo in an interview in the Jul-Aug issue of pc pilot! I can imagine smuggling coconuts out of Panama flying my goonie bird 200' AGL under the radar!

Vic green

Good news...although it will probably take a year or two for the product to debut.

XP or FS or both?

A quality payware DC-3 has been in short supply for a long time. Will be a lot of fun bush flying in South America or doing freight runs around the polar regions.

The DC6 has been in development for a long time, so don't get your hopes up for a quick release!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Very nice news. I'm sure it'll be great. But it'll take a lot to get me out of Manfred Jahn's freeware version - the one with Alexander (PMDG DC-6) Metzger's FDE, Ted Wolfgang's sounds and Jan (MAAM-sim) Visser's forthcoming VC.

At minimum, plenty of good C-47 flying to be had for the two or three years til the PMDG comes along.

At best, some healthy competition when the PMDG gets here.

Can't have too many good Gooneys. So bring it on!

@gpbarth - the MAAM version is wonderful, but it's a portover - not 100 percent FSX compliant, so there may be performance issues.

Still, the money goes to a good cause, so it's worth it to try.

The Manfred Jahn version, once it has Jan's contribution, will probably be the FSX/P3D equivalent, until or after the PMDG comes out.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

My 1st repaint request,

Right behind you in line for that one.

Was surprised to find that (to my knowledge) no one has done it for the freeware version.  I fly in virtual New England often, so yeah, that'll be my ride.

Gents,

That wasn't as much of a "we will" as much as acknowledging that there are a number of us (specifically on the DC-3 crew) who continuously drop hints that it would be nice.

Kyle Rodgers

Gents,

That wasn't as much of a "we will" as much as acknowledging that there are a number of us (specifically on the DC-3 crew) who continuously drop hints that it would be nice.

Get on em Kyle, you've got pull! Also get your self to Seattle and start taking notes on the 37 MAX! You know we're going to want it as soon as it hits the line!

Vic green

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Per Rob Randazzo in an interview in the Jul-Aug issue of pc pilot! I can imagine smuggling coconuts out of Panama flying my goonie bird 200' AGL under the radar!

Very happy about this.  My favorite radial bird