Sign in to follow this  
Hao Henry

YSSY-VHHH OOM

Hello

Yesterday

I flew to the VHHH to get to the YSSY-VHHH to use 25R into the near, the memory began to alarm after OOM

OMDB-VHHH-OMDB has no problem with the previous day

VHHH T2G 1.2 version

Global FTX

Vector FTX

My configuration:

4790K 16GDDR GTX980 512SSD 

Do you have the latest version of the 777 installed?

YES 

I started VHHH-YSSY for 9 hours without any problems

But from the YSSY-VHHH will be the problem of OOM

I can't turn off RAAS and Vector FTX.

Global FTX

Vector FTX

I see these items appear again and again on threads about OOMs.

I see these items appear again and again on threads about OOMs.

These two sets of software take up memory

You need to give us more details about the circumstances.  Which simulator you are using, AI settings, weather settings, etc. etc.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

You need to give us more details about the circumstances.  Which simulator you are using,, weather settings, etc. etc.

Thank you

My simulator is Prepar3D 2.5, no use of AI traffic

ACTIVE SKY NEXT SP2 

REX4

The simulator is set to medium ground map 1024*1024 and the resolution is 1920*1080

I recently found that reducing max texture resolution to 1024 greatly improves OOM problem (especially in VHHH).

Danny F

True about what Danny F says about res 1024. Turning of autogen also helps you to not get OOM. I have been flying 10-15 hours leg between heavy airports like FlyTempa EKCH, VHHH, NL-2000 EHAM etc. etc. with FTX Vector, Global, Open LC Europe etc without having OOM problems with the 777. Just now I'm over Chad Africa from Rio to Dubai and I started with 2,8 GB in virtual memory in use in Rio and right now it's on 2,6 GB in use. So take a look on your settings. Turning of scenery you don't be landing on also helps.

On final approch and you starting to hear OOM pling warning from FSUIPCS, switch to full screen (Alt-Enter) if you are in window mode, This reduce about 200 of virtual memory and can save your landing.

FlyTampa Sydney has a LOT of high resolution textures. I had to reduce mine to 1024x1024 so that the airport becomes usable with complex addons. Even in a short flight it will cause issues with the 777 or another similar addon.

I understand that airport designers strive for quality, but as long as we're stuck in 32-bit there should be an option to lower the texture size in order to reduce or eliminate the chance for OOM. Maybe a 32/64-bit mode for when/if we get a 64-bit platform :P

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I believe that, once an airport is loaded, much of the memory used is maintained even though you have flown away from the airport. Then, when you approach your destination, another set of airport scenery is loaded. This may then cause an OOM.

My solution has been to:

1. start my flight at an airport for which I already have a saved file
  2. move the aircraft to the departure airport for my current flight (I now have 2 airports loaded)
  3. save the situation flight at that airport
  4. exit the simulator and then restart and load the saved file (I now have only a single airport loaded
  5. during flight, save the current situation and exit the simulator
  6. restart the simulator with the in-flight save and continue to the destination (with only a single airport loaded as I approach the airport).

I hope this may help.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I recently found that reducing max texture resolution to 1024 greatly improves OOM problem (especially in VHHH).

thank You

My settings are 1024*1024

True about what Danny F says about res 1024. Turning of autogen also helps you to not get OOM. I have been flying 10-15 hours leg between heavy airports like FlyTempa EKCH, VHHH, NL-2000 EHAM etc. etc. with FTX Vector, Global, Open LC Europe etc without having OOM problems with the 777. Just now I'm over Chad Africa from Rio to Dubai and I started with 2,8 GB in virtual memory in use in Rio and right now it's on 2,6 GB in use. So take a look on your settings. Turning of scenery you don't be landing on also helps.

On final approch and you starting to hear OOM pling warning from FSUIPCS, switch to full screen (Alt-Enter) if you are in window mode, This reduce about 200 of virtual memory and can save your landing.

Thank you for your help.

I've been using the window mode to fly

FlyTampa Sydney has a LOT of high resolution textures. I had to reduce mine to 1024x1024 so that the airport becomes usable with complex addons. Even in a short flight it will cause issues with the 777 or another similar addon.

I understand that airport designers strive for quality, but as long as we're stuck in 32-bit there should be an option to lower the texture size in order to reduce or eliminate the chance for OOM. Maybe a 32/64-bit mode for when/if we get a 64-bit platform :P

Thank you for your help.

I think that is also the meaning of my settings have been 1024*1024, and reduce some of the plug

I think there is a problem with the VHHH Airport

I believe that, once an airport is loaded, much of the memory used is maintained even though you have flown away from the airport. Then, when you approach your destination, another set of airport scenery is loaded. This may then cause an OOM.

My solution has been to:

1. start my flight at an airport for which I already have a saved file
  2. move the aircraft to the departure airport for my current flight (I now have 2 airports loaded)
  3. save the situation flight at that airport
  4. exit the simulator and then restart and load the saved file (I now have only a single airport loaded
  5. during flight, save the current situation and exit the simulator
  6. restart the simulator with the in-flight save and continue to the destination (with only a single airport loaded as I approach the airport).

I hope this may help.

Thank you for your help.

I'll try it on your way.

Thank you

Have a read though my guide in my sig

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip